Greetings from the New Director of the SEMA Action Network! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Greetings from the New Director of the SEMA Action Network!

Dear Fellow Car Enthusiasts:

It is with great pleasure, and a sense of excitement, that I write to introduce myself as the new Director of the SEMA Action Network (SAN).

As a lifelong gearhead with roots tracing back to the Motor City, I am very proud to take on the responsibility of leading America’s premier automotive enthusiast network in the battle to protect our cherished heritage. In an era of increasing governmental involvement in the hobby, it is imperative that we remain organized and stand together. We must continue to ensure that lawmakers, both on Capitol Hill and in state houses across the nation, hear our voices loudly and proudly. We will not stand idly and allow America’s automotive traditions to be legislated out of existence. In addition, we will promote pro-active policies that benefit the hobby. As I assume the mantle of this great organization, that is my pledge to you.

I come to this job abundantly aware that the fight to defend the hobby from aggressive regulation may not be easy, but it is a necessary one. For 14 years, the SAN has staved off attacks from forces seeking to create obstacles to our responsible enjoyment of this hobby and made strides towards ensuring its future. Continue to stay informed. Respectfully let your legislators know where you stand on the issues. Most importantly, spread the word. Let your friends, family, and fellow enthusiasts know the vital importance of SAN’s mission and to join the cause. As always, joining the SAN at http://www.semasan.com/san/join.aspx is FREE and carries no obligations.

I look forward to meeting each of you at events across the country and working together towards the preservation of our hobby.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me via email at [email protected].

Very Respectfully,
Mike Dingell

Protect Your Passion! Join the SEMA Action Network (SAN) TODAY at www.SEMASAN.com!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 12-15-2010, 12:44 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Welcome to the Corral and thank you for the work you do to preserve our hobby.

Jezekiah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
The arrogance on knife forums is completely out of proportion to those people's place in the food chain...
post #3 of 29 Old 12-15-2010, 01:15 PM

Welcome and thanks from here as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 12-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Corral Elite Member

Welcome.

Curious if it's possible to kill the rice movement?
post #5 of 29 Old 12-15-2010, 02:32 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendaryJP View Post
Welcome.

LOL! Well said JP.

Welcome Mike! Thanks for all the hard work on keeping the legislators at bay.

Lucas
2011 Mustang GT
2013 Fusion Titanium
post #6 of 29 Old 12-15-2010, 02:34 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Welcome, thanks for your contribution to the hobby.

about.me/jevchance
myrestoproject.com - coming soon!
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 29 Old 12-15-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind wishes, guys!

If you haven't already, please be sure to join at www.SEMASAN.com. As I mentioned, its free, no hassle, and no obligations. We need as many enthusiasts as possible united to oppose unfair laws and to promote legislation/regulation that will ensure the preservation of the hobby.

Happy Holidays!

Protect Your Passion! Join the SEMA Action Network (SAN) TODAY at www.SEMASAN.com!
post #8 of 29 Old 12-15-2010, 02:43 PM
USAF retired

Trader Feedback: (41)
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendaryJP View Post
It's almost died off around here, there are a few clingers, but I seldom see a ricer mobile lately.

1985 LTD LX, small truck motor, painted axle tubes, various mustang stuff.
1990 LX, junkyard explorer motor, ported explorer heads and intakes, weenie cam, 1.7s, 4.30s, stock T5 living on borrowed time. [email protected] so far
1984 LTD station wagon (Former Dugan Racing wagon) in work
post #9 of 29 Old 12-15-2010, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

We support all facets of the automotive hobby. We undertsand that America's automotive traditions are very diverse and work to protect/preserve all the different niches of it from imports, to off-road/off-highway vehicles, kit cars, hot rods, home builts, you name it.

post #10 of 29 Old 12-15-2010, 03:49 PM

nm

Last edited by Fast Horse; 12-16-2010 at 10:20 AM.
post #11 of 29 Old 12-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Trader Feedback: (4)
Garage
Welcome Mike.

We're glad to have you here! Several clubs I belong to help to promote SEMA Action Network and I get the newsletter. As has been said already, thanks for all your organization does to help our hobby.

Congrats on your Directorship position and best of luck to you!

In Loving Memory of Dave Bandt
11/19/69-3/23/08

1990 Mustang GT Ragtop
1992 Mustang GT Vortech Supercharged
1994 Mustang Cobra Vortech Supercharged
1995 Mustang GTS
1995 Mustang GT Ragtop
1995 Lightning 427 Windsor Procharger F2
2019 F150 3.5 Eco
post #12 of 29 Old 12-16-2010, 12:16 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Mustang Week 2011, July 18-24
Myrtle Beach, SC

Need I say any more?
post #13 of 29 Old 12-16-2010, 01:08 AM
Blame Canada!!!!!! I FAP for CANADA!

Trader Feedback: (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu11926 View Post
Mustang Week 2011, July 18-24
Myrtle Beach, SC

Need I say any more?
Will you be there???????????????????????

Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada loves me this I know, Cause the "Don" tells me so! Tumbleweeds we sell all day long, Ghost towns are coming so stay strong!
post #14 of 29 Old 12-16-2010, 05:20 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fapperDan View Post
Will you be there???????????????????????
Do you really have to ask? Let's see...

Only 2.5 hours away - small distance to travel. Check.

Mother-in-law with condo on the beach == free lodging. Check.

Vacation time available at work....Check.

A wife that is not only willing to go, but looking forward to it and taking HER Mustang as well. Check.

Yup. Pretty sure I'm going to be there. :tu:
post #15 of 29 Old 12-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Blame Canada!!!!!! I FAP for CANADA!

Trader Feedback: (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu11926 View Post
Do you really have to ask? Let's see...

Only 2.5 hours away - small distance to travel. Check.

Mother-in-law with condo on the beach == free lodging. Check.

Vacation time available at work....Check.

A wife that is not only willing to go, but looking forward to it and taking HER Mustang as well. Check.

Yup. Pretty sure I'm going to be there. :tu:
Leave that damn laptop at the condo this yr!

Banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada loves me this I know, Cause the "Don" tells me so! Tumbleweeds we sell all day long, Ghost towns are coming so stay strong!
post #16 of 29 Old 12-16-2010, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

I've always wanted to go to Mustang Week so hopefully I can make it this year. Thank you all again for the kind welcome and please be sure to spread the word about SAN. Many people have heard of and know about SEMA. Not make folks know about SAN and what we do to defend enthusiasts and the hobby from excessive regulation and in seeking out avenues to advance and promote our car culture.

post #17 of 29 Old 12-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Corral Charter Member

Trader Feedback: (41)
I'd like to know what SAN is doing to open up individual State's awareness that they need & should incorporate more tracks (drag strips, road racing, auto crossing, moto-crossing, etc) and more dedicated open space for the off-roaders (4x4's, quads, cycles, etc)?

Don't the States realize that by doing so, they are not only creating jobs, but, they are keeping teens/adults from street racing and allowing areas for off-roaders to actually have fun (and being responsible) - not to mention that some of the monies gained from such facilities would also be benefitting the State?

~~~

What is SAN also doing with regards to getting more States to follow an "emissions exempt" status for say vehicles older than "XX" years (meaning those outside of any State specific Collector Car, Hot Rod, Historic registration processes)? By doing this, the State is actually saving money by not having to employ so many DMV employees for their State owned Inspection facilities with regards to the emissions testing process (for those applicable). Now, I don't mean this from an aspect to bypass any emissions laws, but, more so to run a leaner and more efficient process, whereas it's not really cost effective to still require emissions testing for vehicles that are say 15-20+ years old. Also, why have a Federal Emissions law, when some States don't even require emissions testing...

~~~

What does SAN think about Vehicle Manufacturers trying to deny legitimate warranty claims for Owners who have installed aftermarket equipment that has absolutely no bearing, association or impact to the repair needed on that vehicle?

~~~

Does SAN get involved with creating awareness within the Gov't that there need to be stiffer penalties and/or Laws to protect the Automotive Consumers against the manufacturing, production, import of & retail sales of counterfeit or "less than safe" (ie: non-DOT approved) Automotive crash replacement parts and/or sheet metal goods?

~~~

QUESTION for Corral: Can or will the Corral allow (with SEMA/SAN's authorization) that supporting SAN Members be allowed a small clickable button icon to be inserted under a Corraler's Signature line (about the same size as Mike D's Avatar icon)? This would not only create more visibility and awareness to what SAN represents, but we would proudly display that we are supporters of SAN as well. Majority Rule.
post #18 of 29 Old 12-16-2010, 12:38 PM

Welcome. Keep up the good fight for freedom

Isaiah 26:10 Though grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and regard not the majesty of the Lord.
post #19 of 29 Old 12-16-2010, 01:26 PM
P63

Trader Feedback: (15)
... So when is SEMA going to start having their conventions in San Diego?????

Victor Marshall

Copyright 2019.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.

... and the avatar is the UK band The Primitives.
post #20 of 29 Old 12-16-2010, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Jet NJ View Post
I'd like to know what SAN is doing to open up individual State's awareness that they need & should incorporate more tracks (drag strips, road racing, auto crossing, moto-crossing, etc) and more dedicated open space for the off-roaders (4x4's, quads, cycles, etc)?

Don't the States realize that by doing so, they are not only creating jobs, but, they are keeping teens/adults from street racing and allowing areas for off-roaders to actually have fun (and being responsible) - not to mention that some of the monies gained from such facilities would also be benefitting the State?

~~~

What is SAN also doing with regards to getting more States to follow an "emissions exempt" status for say vehicles older than "XX" years (meaning those outside of any State specific Collector Car, Hot Rod, Historic registration processes)? By doing this, the State is actually saving money by not having to employ so many DMV employees for their State owned Inspection facilities with regards to the emissions testing process (for those applicable). Now, I don't mean this from an aspect to bypass any emissions laws, but, more so to run a leaner and more efficient process, whereas it's not really cost effective to still require emissions testing for vehicles that are say 15-20+ years old. Also, why have a Federal Emissions law, when some States don't even require emissions testing...

~~~

What does SAN think about Vehicle Manufacturers trying to deny legitimate warranty claims for Owners who have installed aftermarket equipment that has absolutely no bearing, association or impact to the repair needed on that vehicle?

~~~

Does SAN get involved with creating awareness within the Gov't that there need to be stiffer penalties and/or Laws to protect the Automotive Consumers against the manufacturing, production, import of & retail sales of counterfeit or "less than safe" (ie: non-DOT approved) Automotive crash replacement parts and/or sheet metal goods?

~~~

QUESTION for Corral: Can or will the Corral allow (with SEMA/SAN's authorization) that supporting SAN Members be allowed a small clickable button icon to be inserted under a Corraler's Signature line (about the same size as Mike D's Avatar icon)? This would not only create more visibility and awareness to what SAN represents, but we would proudly display that we are supporters of SAN as well. Majority Rule.
Very good questions. Thanks for asking. First off, SAN does have graphics that can be used/displayed by SAN members. Please visit www.SEMASAN.com and move all the way to the bottom at "SAN Info."

We are always looking at new and innovative avenues to promote vehicle usage. For example, a bill (HB6377; http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62825) has been introduced this session in Michigan that would promote legal racing by simplifying the permit process for event organizers. Under this bill, organizers would have to secure just a county permit as opposed to one at each level (federal, state, or local) along the race route. HB6377 allows airports to be used for legal racing events, providing local governments the authority to close airport runways for such use. In terms of off-highway vehicles (OHV), we are constantly monitoring legislation and regulatory efforts to ensure that access to public land is not limited to that community of enthusiasts.

With regards to emissions exemptions on older vehicles, that is something we do pursue. When we can, we try to get such legislation on the books. New Jersey enacted legislation in 2010 extending the emissions exemption to cars five model years or newer. When attempts are made to impose further limitations on emissions, we actively work to defeat them. Just this year in California, lawmakers tried to pass language that would have required yearly smog-checks for vehicles 15+ years old. SAN defeated that bill. In Colorado, the legislature sought to reset to 1959 the latest model year at which a vehicle was exempted from emissions tests (currently, ’75 and older are exempted). SAN also defeated this proposal.

In reference to your final point about non-DOT approved parts, feel free to contact [email protected].

post #21 of 29 Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned

are you a lobbyist?
post #22 of 29 Old 02-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Corral Day Kittah

Is that a rhetorical question?
post #23 of 29 Old 02-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Banned

not at all.
post #24 of 29 Old 02-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Corral Day Kittah

Hit up google and it's easy to figure out. Not that I'm saying anything about it one way or another, I'm just sayin'.
post #25 of 29 Old 02-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

well maybe not him personally, but his organization.
post #26 of 29 Old 02-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Corral Charter Member

More of a PAC. Not that PACs are good or evil, they just are.

Michael Means

bot mm9000
post #27 of 29 Old 02-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned

sounds political
post #28 of 29 Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
little

this post property of RAYMOND
post #29 of 29 Old 03-03-2011, 01:16 AM

Garage
Greetings Mr Director.

Hi, I'm Brad. That name was taken though.

I'm an insomniac who enjoys drinking, hunting, cars & trucks and long walks on the beach... to the bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement