WTB mufflers and Mustang Premium IP trim - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-30-2011, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
mufflers and Mustang Premium IP trim

im looking for mufflers and sway bars( front and rear also need all hardware) and also the premium dash trim for 05 up stang . im trying to upgrade a v6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-30-2011, 01:58 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I've got everything for the front sway bar but I've only got the rear bar and bushings for it. How's $125 plus shipping sound? I've also got a gt grille with fog lights I'd throw in for an extra $75 for $200 plus shipping altogether.

post #3 of 7 Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
So you are wanting the stock mufflers off a GT? I am getting ready to upgrade my exhaust with axel backs. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-31-2011, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
yes , thats what im looking for . just want a set of stock gt mufflers . really i just need right side . but i will take both if i have to . im upgradeing a v6 . someone told my son it would be a louder muffler than whats on it now .
post #5 of 7 Old 08-31-2011, 06:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Well I find that interesting. I really don't believe a stock GT muffler will increase the sound of your V6 and if it did it would be minimal. Rather than spending cash on a Stock GT muffler, no matter how little the price might be, I would save the cash and buy something specifically for the V6. You can get exhaust good prices on American Muscle or eBay. Plus on American Muscle they have videos of a lot of their exhaust so you can listen to what they sound like prior to buying. I would sell you mine but overall I feel you would be wasting the cash.

post #6 of 7 Old 09-01-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GP1MP1N View Post
Well I find that interesting. I really don't believe a stock GT muffler will increase the sound of your V6 and if it did it would be minimal. Rather than spending cash on a Stock GT muffler, no matter how little the price might be, I would save the cash and buy something specifically for the V6. You can get exhaust good prices on American Muscle or eBay. Plus on American Muscle they have videos of a lot of their exhaust so you can listen to what they sound like prior to buying. I would sell you mine but overall I feel you would be wasting the cash.

I agree. The only way a stock gt muffler would make a v6 sound better is if you made it a dual exhaust. I got a set of mufflers off my gt you can buy but I feel the same as above...you're just waistin' cash!!
post #7 of 7 Old 09-01-2011, 04:11 PM

ok so i used to have an 03 v6. granted its not an 05+ but my advice on this will help i hope. one thing i hated about the v6's ford used to make is they dont include the dual cut outs on the rear bumper for dual exhaust. a lot of people who upgrade their v6's to the dual are either lazy or dont have the money to buy a gt rear bumper and swap them out so you have a cleaner look. instead they just angle the tips down so they dont burn the bumper. personally im a "do it right or dont do it at all" kinda person. heres what i would do if i were you. look around local salvage yards and craigslist for the gt bumper. about the exhaust, i personally think youll get a meaner sound out of just running with no muffler if thats legal where you live. an easy way to see if you like that sound is just hop under your car, and remove the stock muffler. i think all it takes is a 12mm, a 10mm and possibly a 14mm wrench. itll take 10 minutes tops. once you got the muffler off youre done. drive it around a couple days and see if you like the sound. if you do, go to a local exhaust shop and have them cut out the y and just run straight pipes. tell them to leave the cats or they may cut them off. if you dont want to change out the bumper, just have them set them up as "dumps after the axel". no matter what i never recomend people buy "prebuilt mufflers" for our cars. reason being while the concept is the same between all our cars, every single car is just that little bit different. to me, youll have a better fit and better quality if you have it dont for your car. plus youll usually save money. i mean hell, just running the muffler delete dumps axel back without the bumper swap will probably only run you like $300 tops.

P.s. im writing from my toilet.

Last edited by SPCChavez; 09-01-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement