Blue Oval Industries "Buyers Beware" Long, But Must Read - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (128)
I guess the OP deleated his thread in this form, would not let me delete mine

Last edited by Tony Corley; 07-09-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I'm having a hard time siding with you. Sure you didn't know about the restocking fee, but as with any other place in the world, ignorance does not waive the guilt. To me it sounds like both of you were in the wrong.

#7 of the special Member club
1968 GT500KR
1990 Mustang GT All the usual goodies, would have a supercharger if my wife didn't have a wedding ring.
2006 Torch Red GT. KB 2.6L, and MSD COP's
post #3 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 10:59 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Corley View Post
So let me get this right, you ordered the part and gave them the part number, then got upset because they charged a restocking fee when you realized that you made a mistake? This is done for a reason. To discourage returns. Look at it from their point of view. Say they had 1 intake like you wanted that they keep in stock. You order it, and they order another to replace stock. Now, because of a mistake YOU MADE, you expect them to have 2 in stock, tying up their money in unwanted inventory. The problem with people these days is that they are unwilling to take the blame for their own mistakes. You ordered the part that you wanted, it was not their fault. The right thing for you to do would have been to pay their restocking fee, or either sell the part yourself. And once you crossed the line and started cussing on the phone, they really should have stuck to thier return policy and not given you anything. And trying to pull the sympathy card for being a veteran? That is a disgrace and embarassement to every veteran that has ever served this country. I did'nt realize that people served their country in order to get sympathy.
Sorry, but I think you were wrong all the way around.
I realize why there is a restocking fee and it should be in place. It is a good thing to protect them. Your right they didn't have to give me anything at all. That's why I was grateful that he did. Me crossing the line was saying that it was "bull####" that he can charge so much more based on price of the item and not the work it takes to restock it. After all, the work to restock it is the reason he is charging it. I would have gladly paid a 20$ or 30$ restocking fee. I'm sorry, but me saying that does not nor ever will constitute the way he acted there after. Two wrongs don't make a right. I might have been a bad consumer, but he was a horrible businessman. So we will agree to disagree.

AS far as the military service. I have been in the Army for 9 years. I doubt when I said my oath to this country in 2001 that I was thinking about getting sympathy from some guy in VA. I don't ever ask for military discounts or anything of the sort out of respect to the people that went to Iraq also and that never made it home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 11:22 AM

Trader Feedback: (192)
I have a hard time siding with you as well.

Sometimes you just have to take your lumps...
What I don't understand is why your military status has anything to do with whether or not you get a refund?

1984 GT, 363 -RHS215 heads & Super Vic intake by MCRP, FTI cam, Carbureted, Glide, 4.30's, pump gas, street legal, N/A
Bests:1.35 60' / 6.21 /9.76 and 138.8 mph.
Thanks MCRP, UCC, FTI, Sepanek, Braswell, Racecraft, and Team Z
post #5 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifter View Post
I have a hard time siding with you as well.

Sometimes you just have to take your lumps...
What I don't understand is why your military status has anything to do with whether or not you get a refund?
It doesn't. When he asked to put me on speakerphone to make a mockery of me in front of his employees and god knows who else I had nothing to give myself any credibility. Besides, I mentioned it just that once, he was the one who kept dragging it out saying I was lying. So apparently it was more of a big deal to him and not I. But agreed, I should have just eaten the $80 dollars and moved on. But apparently I'm not the only one out there who has a complaint about his customer service.
post #6 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 11:52 AM

Trader Feedback: (192)
Oh, I agree with the whole customer service thing....I've heard plenty of horror stories about them.
I also come from a family of military background so I'm not belittling what you do by any means. (though not me personally, my dad, 3 uncles, one aunt, and my brother)

It's a shame all that came from the OWNER...penny wise and pound foolish.

1984 GT, 363 -RHS215 heads & Super Vic intake by MCRP, FTI cam, Carbureted, Glide, 4.30's, pump gas, street legal, N/A
Bests:1.35 60' / 6.21 /9.76 and 138.8 mph.
Thanks MCRP, UCC, FTI, Sepanek, Braswell, Racecraft, and Team Z
post #7 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 11:52 AM

Trader Feedback: (17)
reasons i will never own a s197.

Just a Vert...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermandb View Post
Using a B cam is like taking a shiit on a cake, tuning around the b cam is just like adding extra frosting to cover up the crap.
post #8 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

My point is this. You purchased the part from them, obviously because they had a decent price, or you would have bought it somewhere else. They shipped it to you in 2 days. You did not ask for their reccomendtion, you ordered the part you wanted. You called to return it,and he said okay. You got upset because you had not familiarized yourself with their return policy. He got upset with you after you started giving him grief about policies that were in place long before you purchased anything. Sounds like they gave you great customer service, right up until the point that you did not like their policies and started showing your a$$. People are people, whether they own the business or sweep the floor, if you get upset with them, they will get upset back. On top of that, he still gave you a full refund, irregardless of the companies policies. And now he is stuck with an extra part to sell, has lost money and time dealing with you, has his money tied up sitting on the shelf until someone else buys it, and you have the audacity to come on here and bash him after getting all your money back. What if having to give you your money back made the difference in him being able to pay one of his bills on time. (I'm not saying it did, I don't know anyone at that company, or what their financial status is, just trying to make a point), even if that is not the case, that company still had to pull money from it's account because you screwed up. What happens if the next 20-30 people that order do the same thing? At least with charging the 15% restocking fee, he has the option, if he needs to, sell the returned parts to someone else at a reduced price and free his money back up. Just because people are in business, does not always mean they are wealthy, or can afford to stock multiple parts. I have never done business with these people before, but after reading how you were treated, I will check their pricing next time before I buy something. It would have been a different story if they had made the mistake when you ordered, or sent you the wrong part, or even took a long time to ship it.

Last edited by Tony Corley; 07-07-2009 at 12:32 PM.
post #9 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam95GT View Post
I give up, why is this relevant?
post #10 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Corley View Post
I give up, why is this relevant?
LOL. Thats what I was thinking.

post #11 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 02:12 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam95GT View Post
Just another hater...

Gerardo
post #12 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 03:37 PM

Trader Feedback: (118)
I have to agree with Tony...once YOU crossed the line and started using foul language...YOU opened to door to be treated likewise. Just because someone works in a customer service position does not make them bullet proof to harsh treatment.

I'm sure they have had peopel buy a part...."test" fit it then return it becaue they didnt' like it. Not say that you did this...but I am sure it has happened numerous times in the past. If you have bought items via the phone or internet...YOU KNEW THERE WERE RESTOCKING FEES!!!

You got your refund....now move on. I serously doubt many vendors would have given you a refund at all. Who's to say he had to give you a refund...restocking fee or no restocking fee. You admitted that you did not ask them for help...that you had your part numbers. You screwed up...

RH

88 Coupe....just a pile of used parts bought or sold on the internet.
post #13 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 06:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (20)
I bought NOS Ford dew wipe moldings last week from them with no problems.
post #14 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 09:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (113)
Lots of places have restocking fee's like that. Cant get around it, they gotta make their money some how.

If you want great customer service order from one of the bigger places like summit, or jegs.
post #15 of 15 Old 07-07-2009, 11:04 PM

Trader Feedback: (17)
Quote:
It then got ugly. He asked me "what, are we supposed to tell every person that orders from us over the phone?". I was shocked that he even said that. Maybe I'm wrong but that sounds like a good idea to me. He said, "how am I supposed to pay the person to sell the item, ship it, receive it, and restock it?". I said I understand, but that doesn't cost 80$. Plus, what if it was a 10$ item in the same size box (because it wasn't large) doesn't that take the same amount of work? After constantly refusing to work with me I got angry and cursed a little (no calling names), and he hung up on me.

I called back and was made a mockery of. He asked ,"can I put you on speaker phone so all my employees can see the #### I have to deal with on a daily basis?". Shocked, I said, 'sure I don't give a crap.'. I tried to be calm and inform him that I was a veteran and try to win some respect or something so he would believe me. He then began to insult me by saying my daddy didn't raise me right using fowl language over the phone and calling me a liar because anyone in the military knows not to cuss like that! I was like, WTF, have you ever been in the military. Even chaplains cuss from time to time. Anyways, after a heated debate over my past purchase history and my military service I was hung up on again. I called back two more times and received the same abuse. Finally I called one more time and he agreed to a full refund but I had to fax him my release papers from the ARMY so he would believe me. After driving all the way back home to get my form DD-214, I faxed it to him and left UPS. I called about 20 minutes later to make sure he got it. As soon as he answered the phone I said, "thank you sir for understanding" and he just let me have it. Calling me a "####ty American" and "they must let any trash in the army these days, I can believe your an E5 you low life", "you are the reason America is in the shape its in today.". I then tried to get off the phone while constantly saying thank you and he continued to harass me. Finally I hung up the phone and that was the end of it. Two weeks later I finally get my refund after it had been sitting at their shop for a week. By the way, did I mention this was the owner of the company the whole time?
Opinions are like ########... but If it was John he dealt with (was years ago on my end) he was a bag of ####. Truthfully, they sent me a "fog light kit, advertised as lights, brackets, hardware... well, sure enough nothing but a long bracket came...
They basically told me to get screwed, laughed at me, told me abunch of bs. I then phoned my attorney(that dude rocked...), had the parts next day. Never again.

Restocking fee on something you specifically gave them, kind of a tough situation... but in the "yea these guys are turds" department, I personally have seen it and haven't bought since. Thank goodness for latemodel resto.

91' Hatch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement