New female Member here - with 2013 V6 asking assistance - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-11-2013, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
New female Member here - with 2013 V6 asking assistance

I have purchased a 2013 Mustang Convertible (Manual) and want to improve performance and MPG... and Not void the warranty. (no tuners, please)
Has anyone got suggestions on what I should do?

It has been mentioned that a better air intake and either a cat-back or axle-back exhaust, along with only running high-test gas would help. If that is true - I'm not sure what brand (reasonable cost) would be best bang for the buck.

All suggestions appreciated. Trying to educate myself.
Thanks!

Last edited by lulabelle; 08-11-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-29-2013, 02:37 PM

You seem to have 2 differents goals, power and MPG, which don't really go well with each other, as well as a condition (don't void the factory warranty) which will make the power part pretty much impossible. CAI and the like don't produce measurable gains on a stock motor. Any gains would be likely imperceptible. Tuners do work, and could probably coax another 30HP from your car, but you will be voiding the warranty. The only real way to do something to improve performance and not kill any warranty is to change the diff gearing, which will however decrease your MPG. Do not waste money on bolt ons. If you want a n aftermarket exhaust that sounds cool thats epic, but it wont improve performance. I have a 1995 v6 and the previous owners it looks like trued every trick in the book in terms of bolt ons. The car isnt any faster lol. Youre looking at either a turbo, nitrous, supercharger, or throwing in a v8. All these options will cost a lot. Just so you know though, your car makes about the same power as the 1995 era 5.0 v8's, and gets much better gas mileage. You may not really need much more power. If you do, the options are listed about. I'm throwing in a 408 cubic inch engine in mine. Ill get in the area of 600 hp and 5 mpg, and it's not cheap lol. So yeah, there's no mod out there that can magically increase power, mpg, and not void your warraty

post #3 of 4 Old 08-30-2013, 10:08 PM

lulabelle,

I had a 04' frontier SC and it only got 13mpg so I added a K&N 75 cold air intake and that upped it to 16mpg and about 15hp, thatís really the only thing I would recommend everyone do to any car.

I would recommend K&N, they may be a bit more money but in my experience you get more bang for your buck, ex. more hp and mpg.

Most websites, like American Muscle and Latemodel Restoration, will have a place where you enter your cars info and it will give you options for your car.

Good Luck!

90' SSP LX Coupe daily driver- 3in Anderson Power Pipe, Pro-M92mm mass, Explorer intake, GT 40P heads, 24Lb injectors, Lunati cam, BBK headers, Proform roller rockers, FRPP OE hydraulic roler lifters, 3.73, Griffin Dominator radiator, Mac x, Flow Master Super44's, and SCT 4-Bank Eliminator chip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-20-2013, 11:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (36)
Just do a catback, or in your case change muffler(s). that should not harm your warranty...cold air kit should be fine too, atleast a k&n filter..that should fit your needs

p.s. don't waste the money with high test (octane) fuel, especially with the stock tuning....no need and a waste of money

New project: 86 Coupe
9 previous Mustangs--all gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by badbrad; 09-20-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement