Bama SF3/X3 Flash tuner - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-01-2012, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Bama SF3/X3 Flash tuner

Hi everyone. Been reading up on the Bama flash tuner. Sounds very impressive. 3 programs and you can go back to the factory setting at any time. With the race tune and 93 octane gas were looking at +18Hp and +22Torque. That's not to shabby for a completely stock engine. On U tube that car went 13.7 at 104. For $380. that's sounds like a killer deal to me. Christmas is coming. Is anyone using this and what is your impression.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-22-2012, 12:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by black12wls View Post
Hi everyone. Been reading up on the Bama flash tuner. Sounds very impressive. 3 programs and you can go back to the factory setting at any time. With the race tune and 93 octane gas were looking at +18Hp and +22Torque. That's not to shabby for a completely stock engine. On U tube that car went 13.7 at 104. For $380. that's sounds like a killer deal to me. Christmas is coming. Is anyone using this and what is your impression.
Car will respond better with underdrive pulleys , better exhaust etc. first , 18 hp and 22 ft lbs Maybe at the crank , or at 1 RPM point , not going to be that much of a gain all the way thru the RPM band , they should show average gains before and after using same RPM band on both dyno pulls , not just picking the 2 data points that are showing the largest gain which can be misleading to say the least

post #3 of 3 Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
CAI and Bama Tuner

I picked up the JLT CAI and SCT tuner as a package from AM. Of the two, the JLT CAI is the one that made the most difference. Slapped it on, and noticed a big difference in 2nd gear between 2500 and 4000 RPM with no tune. I've got a 2011, and it's always had a slow spot in that gear until it gets wound up. First and third gear are great, but winding up in first and shifting into 2nd... took a while to start pulling hard again. Not now. I've seen the video you're referring to, but you may want to look at this one:

Side-by-side comparisons of different dyno curves. Adding the 93 octane tune helped a little on the top end, but the biggest improvement was in the shifting of the slush box. Together, they're a great combo, but on a budget, I'd op for the CAI first... it's also cheaper than the tuner. Better bang for the buck. Easy install and doesn't need a tune. And it DO sound nice.

Mileage is down about 1.5 - 2 mpg, but I think it's mostly me - can't keep my foot out of it now.

Best of luck,
That is all...

I'm NOT a complete idiot - still missing a few parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement