06 Drivers Window - Calibration doesn't seem to fix - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-07-2019, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
06 Drivers Window - Calibration doesn't seem to fix

Hey everyone, so my father-in-laws 06 GT has this strange issue, that when I describe it will sound like the typical bounce-back issue. However, we've tried to de-initialize the window, re-calibrate, all kinds of things and it doesn't seem to help.

When he opens the drivers door, the window will drop about 2-3" (instead of the normal 1/4"). If you close the door it will not go back up. If you continue to open the door (open then close, then open, then close, etc.) the window will drop 2-3" each time until eventually being completely down.

If you want to lower or raise the window just normally, the window will only travel 2-3" either up or down. So to explain further, if you have the window completely up, and want to completely lower it, you will need to engage the window switch 5-6 times. We've tried to recalibrate it several times but nothing seems to change the behavior. There doesn't seem to be any resistance in the window tracks which could cause binding.

While browsing the internet, I had found a post where someone mentioned the window motor contains sensors for window top/bottom. I'm thinking about just replacing the window motor to see if that is it, but wanted to check to see if anyone else had a similar issue, or knew of a decent debug strategy. Just about any search online just yields the "re-calibrate the window" results, and obviously that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-23-2019, 01:40 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I think I'd remove the door panel and check the window cable mechanism. It may be the mechanism is worn out and the cable controlling the window has failed. The whole assembly may need to be replaced. It sounds like the cable has "bird-nested", my word, crossed over itself, and won't let the window complete it's full travel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement