Ford Mustang Forums banner

Auto crossing a 07 GT CS edition....

616 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RAT 
#1 ·
Hey, anybody have any advice on what setups ( FS class ) I can do with a 07 CS Mustang. I think Im stuck with 18 x 8's for rims.

As far as I have seen, koni has not made shocks for this car yet. 05 + Mustangs.

I was looking at some cheap somewhat lightweight rims on tirerack for 138 dollars , ( they weigh 23 lbs ) but they are made in CHina. Anyone ever hear of Sport Edition Rims?

One consolation, it has the 3.55 rear end option.

Anyone know what a legal camber is to run on this vehicle? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

#4 ·
You will need to wait till the 07 rules come out and read them to determine the wheel thing. Not sure if you can deviate from a special package wheel to the standard GT but if you can I would get a set of 17's to lighten it up some.

The guy that placed 2nd at the Nationals with an 05 posted some specs on his equipment in this post. http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=844676&highlight=wheelin

#5 ·
cpautoxer-

Yah, sorry for the confusion. I was not clear on my car. Its an 07 GT California Special.

I was already talking to some of my other autox buddies, and I agree with you Han. I am kind of stuck with the 18 inch rims.

Thanks for the link. Ill check that out. My biggest concenr is I am not sure if the
brake pads are the same as on the 05-06 GT and I remember reading I have a larger air intake. Ill do some more research, but if anyone knows about the last two things I mentioned, that would be great.

I was thinking about emailing Hawk directly.

Cheers,

JH

#6 ·
just went back to that post by the guy with the 2005.
he's running 275's on 8-inch rims?
wow ... how the heck does he even get 'em mounted?

(and i was worried whether 265's would fit on my 8-inch rims)

#7 ·
The brakes are the same. I would run the hawk HPS for autocross. I run HP+'s but the first run in a autocross will be a throw away on braking. HPS's work fine. Next I run 275's on my 8 inch rims all the time both street, Autocross, and Open Track. I don't have any problems at all. Mounting is a little hard but if I can't do it I have a friend who can. As for shocks check if Bilstein has anything. I know Koni still hasn't put anything out yet but they will have to soon. I have no experience with Tokico's. I've always run Koni's. I assume this will be your first season with the car and I suggest not doing anything to the car for awhile. Unless your a VERY seasoned Autrocrosser. Wait learn your car first then put tires and suspension mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.