Where to buy suspension products?????? Help Please - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-31-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Where to buy suspension products?????? Help Please

I am looking at spring, strut and coilover products right now and I don't know where to go to find good products at the best prices. I'm googling like crazy, checking classifieds and ebay of course, but can anyone throw me some links or websites that have good suspension products. I want some strange 10 ways, or decent coilovers that are cheap. I am gauging at this point what I want to do with the car. Its a 90% Daily driver with a lot of spirited driving and about 10% track. I really want it to perform on the streets and track, so good hook up is mandatory and need some ideas and links. Thanks

1989 Saleen Cal. Edition: racecraft suspension, kenny brown strut tower brace, Intake, Headers, H pipe, pullies, Flows, 65 mm TB, 70mm MAF, FP reg/gauge, PP intake, 190 FP, Subframe connectors, 11" slotted rotors, Hurst short shifter, 75 amp alt, 1.7 crane RR's, High flow cats, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 posi, caster/camber plates, Reinforced u/l aluminum control arms, MSD 6al ignition, Accel power coil, Ford racing wires, arizen racing seats, autometer tach & shift light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
maximummotorsports.com

they dont have the lowest prices but remember you get what you pay for. you may want to stick with just a spring and shock and strut setup instead of coil overs for a daily driver

post #3 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 12:43 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Why not a coilover setup for the street? Better ride quality and performance, if you have the cash - why not?

1988 Coupe 5spd

Windsor JR's, XE264HR-14, Cobra intake, BBK long tubes, frame connectors, 4.10's, 03 Cobra brakes and wheels, FMS B springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 03:33 AM

You are going to get alot of different opinions on suspension products, you've asked a pretty open ended question. However the only two companies IMHO are Griggs and Maximum Motorsports. Both race what they produce in American Iron and AV8SS and stand behind there gear. Cheap? No. But its your butt out on the track, even 10% of the time and you get what you pay for.

#26 ITE
2005 KCR SCCA ROTY
post #5 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 07:46 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
I agree mm or griggs are the best 2 to consider - mm seems to be slightly cheaper.

I've been shopping around a bit recently, and I think the best place to get maximum motorsports products is from artsperformance (see artsparts ads in the corral classifieds). I have ordered from him and been very happy

Last edited by JS94; 02-01-2006 at 07:52 AM.
post #6 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 08:03 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Ditto on Griggs and Max Motorsports. MM is the best there is if you want a street and track setup. I would also say MM is a better value rather than cheaper. I wouldn't waste my money on Strange struts, they aren't worth a crap for AX or open track, they are street/drag struts.

I have also found Arts Performance to have some of the best deals on MM parts.
post #7 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

I should say that when I mean track, its going to be on a strip for the most part. I may race some open track events but I doubt it very highly. I am probably gearing toward the drags side of things, but I want something that will get a decent launch, tame on the streets, and affordable. Those are the only requirements

1989 Saleen Cal. Edition: racecraft suspension, kenny brown strut tower brace, Intake, Headers, H pipe, pullies, Flows, 65 mm TB, 70mm MAF, FP reg/gauge, PP intake, 190 FP, Subframe connectors, 11" slotted rotors, Hurst short shifter, 75 amp alt, 1.7 crane RR's, High flow cats, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 posi, caster/camber plates, Reinforced u/l aluminum control arms, MSD 6al ignition, Accel power coil, Ford racing wires, arizen racing seats, autometer tach & shift light.
post #8 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfanatic
I should say that when I mean track, its going to be on a strip for the most part. I may race some open track events but I doubt it very highly. I am probably gearing toward the drags side of things, but I want something that will get a decent launch, tame on the streets, and affordable. Those are the only requirements

See: "Drag Racing (12 Viewing) This Forum is for subjects related to Drag Racing. FYI: Drag Racing takes place on a DRAGSTRIP. Please do not post street racing discussions of any kind on our forums. They will be promptly removed."

This is just one forum up from where you landed.

Bob F.
Mustang - The Great American Kit Car
#50 ESP/SM2 (backup) - Cal Club
Porsche - The Great German Kit Car - #50 SM2 Cal Club - #84 JP PCA
post #9 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 12:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Oh he thought road racing was the same as street racing.

MM still has drag suspensions

But I believe UPR will fill your needs for the 1/4 mile of fun, instead of the endless miles of opentrack fun.

2014 Camaro 1LE
2001 Cobra White SOLD
1989 Mustang GT "F0xR0d" SOLD
12.49 @ 116.8 mph (BFG KDW Street tire)
post #10 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrew
But I believe UPR will fill your needs for the 1/4 mile of fun, instead of the endless miles of opentrack fun.
But 1/4 mile runs are such a bargain! When I used to go to Orlando Speed World I would get like 4 runs a night. That's like only $20-30 a mile for all the fun a guy can stand! And the fun lasted at least 12 seconds each run! And I got to watch ricerboys in their fart piped equipped V-TEC Hondas spin out in the water box and drag water all the way up to the start line! It was an absolute blast and gave me something to do while I waited in line an hour between runs!

But when I started open tracking it cost a fortune and was so borng. Why I only got just over 100 laps (200+ miles) at Roebling Road last month and it cost me $225. That's almost $1.10 a mile! Not only that, all those 20 minute lapping sessions went by so quick at speeds approaching 140-145 MPH. I felt so gypped!

Oh wait...hmmm somethings fishy here, I just know drag racing is a better deal and more fun, let me redo my math. I'll get back to you guys...

post #11 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn
But when I started open tracking it cost a fortune and was so borng. Why I only got just over 100 laps (200+ miles) at Roebling Road last month and it cost me $225. That's almost $1.10 a mile! Not only that, all those 20 minute lapping sessions went by so quick at speeds approaching 140-145 MPH. I felt so gypped!

So, Glenn, when did you get a tire and brake pad sponsor?

Just out of curiosity, how many laps do you get on your tires? Still 710's?

Bob F.
Mustang - The Great American Kit Car
#50 ESP/SM2 (backup) - Cal Club
Porsche - The Great German Kit Car - #50 SM2 Cal Club - #84 JP PCA
post #12 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 02:58 PM

Try D&D Motorsports.....They have a lot of good suspension parts. I was going to run there stuff but did'nt get the chance. They were good pieces at a good price.

I think there number is 661-260-2226

"It's 3am, does your smoke alarm work?"
06 Procharged GT
88lx Nitrous injected 342
93lx MAN-O-WAR
post #13 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 03:31 PM

No no no Granitelli is your man if he can't sell you stuff nobody can. Its one stop shopping just like a Chinese Buffet. Coincidence I think not!

I like drag racing, its a reasonable fix, just like autocrossing. They are both the "well drinks" and OT is "top shelf"

2014 Camaro 1LE
2001 Cobra White SOLD
1989 Mustang GT "F0xR0d" SOLD
12.49 @ 116.8 mph (BFG KDW Street tire)
post #14 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Banned Alleged Scammer

stangsuspension.com has some low prices on all MM gear
post #15 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfloz
So, Glenn, when did you get a tire and brake pad sponsor?

Just out of curiosity, how many laps do you get on your tires? Still 710's?
My sponser came in an envelope, his name is VISA!

I keep the 710's for autocross and solo time trials only. I ran some used Hoosier GAC tires on some old "R" knockoffs at Roebling, they are pretty much just R3S03 racing tires. I picked up a set for like $400 then found another pair for $50. Between the wife and me we ran them for about 30 twenty-minute sessions in our most recent two trips to Savannah. I toasted 3 left fronts. I'm keeping my eyes open for another 1 or 2 Hoosier GAC's on eBay so I can have a full set. Until then I have a set of Nitto 555 RII's that are a bit too thin for the daily driver but should be OK for some OT. I also snagged a set of the Avon Tech R's on clearance sale for a buck thirty nine at Tire Rack last month. As a last resort I still have a set of half worn 245-45-17 Victoracers with a couple of flat spots that I could use in a pinch.

Brakes aren't a problem at Roebling Road, but Moroso sure wears them out.

I could probably pay off my mortgage if I sold all my tire and wheel sets! LOL

Last edited by Glenn; 02-01-2006 at 06:03 PM.
post #16 of 17 Old 02-01-2006, 11:27 PM

ASS CLOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfanatic

Hey I'm going to post on the road racing/autox forum a question about drag racing suspensions. Brilliant. Everyone who has read this post is now dumber by a factor of seven.

#26 ITE
2005 KCR SCCA ROTY

Last edited by TennGT; 02-02-2006 at 04:00 AM.
post #17 of 17 Old 02-02-2006, 02:33 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennGT
dummer
I see it's showing already, LOL!

1988 Coupe 5spd

Windsor JR's, XE264HR-14, Cobra intake, BBK long tubes, frame connectors, 4.10's, 03 Cobra brakes and wheels, FMS B springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement