Thoughts on upcoming suspension purchase - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-31-2006, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Thoughts on upcoming suspension purchase

For my first upgrades to the suspension I think I have settled on the Bilstein BTS system. From what I can gather it should lower the car about 1.25in, and Bilstein seems to have a good rep as far as ride and quality is concerned. I am also looking at a Energy suspension master kit to replace bushings as I go along. There will be more mods to the suspension, but I think this will be stage 1. BTW I have a 94 Cobra. Thanks for any input

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-31-2006, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Well, I thought I would just say that I am pretty set on this kit. I will post back if and when I do install it.

post #3 of 5 Old 01-31-2006, 08:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
I'm not familiar with the BTS system, but I do have first hand experience with Bilstein shock/struts and I'm very please with their performance. I would suggest you contact someone like Maximum Motorsports and compare what they suggest for matched dampers and springs before buying an off the shelf kit. Also, do not load the suspension up with urethane bushings. This is a big mistake that many starting out make. Urethane is fine for the front control arms, bars, mounts, etc., but do not put it in the rear upper arms if your goal is max handling. Personally I don't even like urethane in the rear lowers, but many others do. Rear suspension needs to articulate and urethane will create bind if not done with good thought.

Toys - gota have'm.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike Schneider

1982 Mustang GT - 408w and other super zoomy stuff...
Tracks driven: Mid-Ohio, Grattan, Putnam Park, Gingerman, Autobahn Country Club, Waterford Hills, Ford Proving Grounds, and Bondurant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-01-2006, 10:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I second the above post.

KDS
94 Cobra #3265, with a "pretty set of brakes"
post #5 of 5 Old 02-01-2006, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Hey thanks, I will give them a call.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement