Brake part numbers - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-27-2006, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Brake part numbers

I just completed upgrading my brakes on my 90 Mustang from 98 GT brakes to Cobra brakes. I had a time getting the right fittings/parts to make it work so I decided to make a thread with the part numbers for if any one else searches the forums they may get a hit on this. I tried to search for some of the information but did not return anything so here it is.

The banjo bolts (fine thread) are from Chevrolet part number 10286122
I used them on Ford racing M-2320-C Front caliper set.

The breaded steel brake hose kit I used was Russell 693350. It bolted on without a hitch.

I ran new steel lines from the center rear hose to the calibers. I had to use an adaptor to changes sizes from the line to the hose. I do not like the way it looks so I will do more reseach to find the right fitting and will ammend this then.

The rear rotor/braket kit was M-2300-m along with calipers M-2320-CR. This calipers used the coarse threaded banjo bolts M-2328-C.

If you all can think of anything else somebody needs to know in doing this please add it on. I can only make it easier for the next guy doing this conversion.

1990 Mustang LX 347, Too much stuff to list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-08-2007, 02:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
I am looking to use this (693350)5 piece Russell brake hose kit too. I have a 90LX with the Cobra front and rear calipers. Everything is setup and working right now with stock hoses.

I should be able to switch out all 4 lines to the calipers with no problems because i have all the necessary adaptors in place right now.

My question is this, does the 5th hose (flexible from chassis to axle) bolt right in and replace the stock fox hose. Do i need any adaptors or anything to switch this hose or is it a stright swap.

Because i have the 2004 Mach 1 setup on my car i'm thinking these lines are just a bolt in swap and that's it. Am I correct ???

Jamie

Silver 92 LX NEI Time Trial car
GT40 irons, 1.6 roller rockers, Edelbrock Perf RPM intake, Holley 600 DP.
273 RWHP, 285 RWTQ

Last edited by Britboy; 03-08-2007 at 02:44 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-08-2007, 03:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=39732
the guys om FEP have been compiling some FAQ and answers about 5Lug swaps. It's aimed at the 79-86 Foxcarts but some of it might be applicable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-08-2007, 05:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (14)
Thanks for the response.

I didn't give me a direct answer however it directed me to www.discbrakesrus.com

They have the part # i'm looking for with all 5 hoses that bolt straight in to the fox with Cobra brakes. They have pretty much everything for Mustang brakes from stock to upgraded to GT or Cobra brakes. I'll be adding this to my 'favorites' list.

Jamie

Silver 92 LX NEI Time Trial car
GT40 irons, 1.6 roller rockers, Edelbrock Perf RPM intake, Holley 600 DP.
273 RWHP, 285 RWTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement