NASA Texas AI/CMC 2006 Season Opener - 4/5 Feb! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-27-2006, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
NASA Texas AI/CMC 2006 Season Opener - 4/5 Feb!

Texas AI/CMC will kick off it's 2006 racing season at a brand new facility named Motorsport Ranch Houston. This will be the track's 1st competition event and from the testing many of us have done there, it should be an exciting weekend on Feb. 4&5. Check out www.msrhouston.com for more track information.

We expect to have nearly 30 AI/CMC cars for this season opener so don't miss it if you're in the area!

Sat. 1/28- Statewide Annual Dyno Day (Austin, Dallas, Houston)
Fri. 2/3- Friday test day/ Annual Tech Inspections
Sat. 2/4- practice, qualify, Race!
Sun. 2/5- practice, qualify, Race!

Adam G. - 2009 SoCal CMC Champion
1985 CMC Mustang #5
NASA West Coast AI/CMC Director
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-06-2006, 05:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Been there, done that.....

Honestly it was a outstanding event. Many thanks to all the AI/CMC folks for all the help and good times.

See yall at the next event.

Jerry CMC 44

93 GT Hatch 347, Electric Red, T5, 3.55, TFS TW, 1.6R/R, TFS 1 Cam, Cobra Intake. 70 TB, 73 C&L, MSD, BBK L/T, Griffin rad, 2000 Cobra R hood, Saleen wing, autopower 4 pt. Full-length Subs, STB, Tubular k, and control arms, Coilovers w/350lb, c/c plates, 4 Bilsteins, H&R rears, MM PHB, MM T/A, 4wheel Cobra discs with ABS, Bullitt wheels, 255/40ZR17. [email protected] 284 rwhp 314 rwtq. on old 302 no numbers on 347
2003 Explorer [email protected]
2003 SVT Focus [email protected]

Member:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Co-driver CMC Mustang #44
post #3 of 7 Old 02-07-2006, 12:47 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I have been reading about this series for a couple of years now. I have always dreamt of running with these strung out ponies. I finally was able to attend an event. I have to say, I am now convinced. That was by far the most exciting race event I have ever witnessed. I have a car to build on, now I just need to finish another round of studies.

I will be moving to College Station in January. TWS is a long running venue for NASA. How can I get involved while I am there?

Also, who was in the silver 99-04 GT? Does he post on here? How can I get ahold of him? I have a similar year model that will recieve all the necessary treatments once out of college, so I was curious about his motor setup. the modulars don't seem to be as popular as the pushrod motors, so I have a lot of questions on what direction to go.

Thanks for the great show guys!!!! Planning on going back in May! Thanks to NASA and MSR Houston for displaying what a weekend of racing should look like!!!

Jeremy

2000 GT Current Auto-X mule/Daily Driver

Quote: "5.0Torx"

Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick 2...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-07-2006, 07:55 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
That driver is Matt White, I think hes out of Dallas. Send me a PM and Ill send you his email.

93 GT Hatch 347, Electric Red, T5, 3.55, TFS TW, 1.6R/R, TFS 1 Cam, Cobra Intake. 70 TB, 73 C&L, MSD, BBK L/T, Griffin rad, 2000 Cobra R hood, Saleen wing, autopower 4 pt. Full-length Subs, STB, Tubular k, and control arms, Coilovers w/350lb, c/c plates, 4 Bilsteins, H&R rears, MM PHB, MM T/A, 4wheel Cobra discs with ABS, Bullitt wheels, 255/40ZR17. [email protected] 284 rwhp 314 rwtq. on old 302 no numbers on 347
2003 Explorer [email protected]
2003 SVT Focus [email protected]

Member:

Co-driver CMC Mustang #44
post #5 of 7 Old 02-07-2006, 09:40 AM

Thanks for the response! I will send you a PM.

Again, I would like to thank you guys for the great show. I can't seem to concentrate on anything else. I might need a little therapy!

Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick 2...
post #6 of 7 Old 02-08-2006, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman2kgt

Also, who was in the silver 99-04 GT? Does he post on here? How can I get ahold of him?
That was me. I used to post on here a long time ago but when the site slowed down, I gave up.

Car has the Maximum Motorsports catalog, an aluminum VT big bore motor with a GT crank, T56 tranny and a few other home brewed changes.

race weight with driver and fuel is 3190 (me 230lbs) and power is 317/341.....

Pretty much the basics of the car....too many details to list. It was also my first weekend going door to door and I was working on completing my license requirements. First 4 races ever and scored 4 podium finishes....three 3rds and a Second!!!

Here's the list for the Silver 2k GT

NASA TX region American Iron #97
VT Big Bore, Full MM catalog and enough skills to blow your doors off!

Turns more corners than going straight and stops like hitting a brick wall.......

Drag racing is for those that rode, or still ride the shortbus!
post #7 of 7 Old 02-08-2006, 10:17 PM

gig 'em

Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick 2...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement