Need Advice On How To Get Started In Road Racing In TN - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-21-2006, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Need Advice On How To Get Started In Road Racing In TN

Does anybody know how I could find out any road raing courses near the Lynchburg TN area. I just moved here and am rebuilding the car and think I would like to give this a try. Any advice on how to set suspension, or what kind of engine power, brakesm etc. would all be greatly appreciated to help me on my journey!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-21-2006, 11:21 PM

You can try contacting the www.etrscca.org We have some members that participate in I believe what you are mentioning. Unfortunately, the above link is all the usefull information I can provide.

Good luck.

post #3 of 9 Old 01-22-2006, 01:35 AM

www.nasa-southeast.com

any questions, PM me and I'll fill you in

LMan

1968 Mustang - HSR/AIV project

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-22-2006, 03:10 AM

Funny you should post this, I got my start in Tennesse and just wrote an article about it. Send me an email address and I'll shoot it to you.
A couple of random thoughts:
-Delk performance is a very good shop in Tenn
-Don't make modifications until you've driven the car hard at a couple of events
-autox will teach you great car control skills and is an inexpensive way to begin
-Start with the end in mind, make a plan for both the car and driver then stick to it.
-Spend equal amounts of money on the driver that you do on the car

Have fun!

#26 ITE
2005 KCR SCCA ROTY
post #5 of 9 Old 01-22-2006, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

TennGT

Hey TennGT my email is [email protected]. Thanks for the help.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-24-2006, 10:37 AM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Sup man,

There is actually an auto-X event really close to where you live that I go to. It's at the motlow campus parking lot there down hwy 50 in tullahoma. The website for it (although not updated for this year yet I don't think) is http://www.cafes.net/tlscc/ It'd be great to see some more mustangs out there on the course!!! there are a few really quick fox bodies that attend just about every meet, then you have my slow arse in my GT... At least that is until I get my cobra done with MM's full grip package in a few months.(*then I can be slow as hell in the cobra ) Anyway, if you'd like to meet up some day at a meet or just to hang out...give me a shout out on here or in a pm.

On a side note..I'd love to read that article TennGT if you wouldn't mind sending it to me--- [email protected] Thanks man

Scott

97Cobra-1 ¾” LT, 2.5 X & FM Dumped, DECKED out MM susp, T-56 w/26 spline, Al DS, 31 spline w/eaton & 4.30, AEM UEGO and SCT livewire. Dyno'd 287hp/297tq @ 103k miles
post #7 of 9 Old 01-24-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95VIBREDGT
Sup man,

There is actually an auto-X event really close to where you live that I go to. It's at the motlow campus parking lot there down hwy 50 in tullahoma. The website for it (although not updated for this year yet I don't think) is http://www.cafes.net/tlscc/ It'd be great to see some more mustangs out there on the course!!! there are a few really quick fox bodies that attend just about every meet, then you have my slow arse in my GT... At least that is until I get my cobra done with MM's full grip package in a few months.(*then I can be slow as hell in the cobra ) Anyway, if you'd like to meet up some day at a meet or just to hang out...give me a shout out on here or in a pm.

On a side note..I'd love to read that article TennGT if you wouldn't mind sending it to me--- [email protected] Thanks man

Scott
I never knew such a club existed. I recognize some of the names on the results on your link --- Randall Wilcox, Jeff Mellow, Peter Burman, John Darrow, etc.

Too bad Tullahoma is so hard to get to from Knoxville.

Steve Rife
post #8 of 9 Old 01-25-2006, 08:40 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMan
www.nasa-southeast.com

any questions, PM me and I'll fill you in

Very, Very good answer.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-25-2006, 09:22 AM

If you are in Southern Tenn there is always the TVRSCCA and Twickenham Auto Club.

FYI we have three different event locations setup this year in the Huntsville area.

Milton Frank Stadium

John Davis BallPark

John Hunt Park

Last edited by SoftBatch; 01-25-2006 at 09:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement