Those with Baer brakes come in - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-20-2006, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Those with Baer brakes come in

Do the anti moan brackets work? How do I get rid of this noise?

87 Saleen #171, 306, Lunati cam, gt40 heads, Edelbrock intake, 70mm tb, 1.6 rr, Mass air conv. C&L 76mm ,24# inj. Anderson powerpipe,mac shorties, hpipe, Flowmaster catback, tremec 3550, spec stage 3, FMS ds, 373s, eaton diff, 31 spline axles, Baer 13" brakes, Steeda X2 and bumpsteer, ramchargers fan, DCC controller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-20-2006, 02:19 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Kinda hard to hear "this noise" across a computer screen.

post #3 of 17 Old 01-20-2006, 04:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (24)
I think I hear it....maybe not.

91 Road Racing Fox. N/A 383W. Full MM setup front and rear with Bilstein coil-overs. 14x1.25 Wilwood 6 piston fronts with Wilwood 13x1 single piston rears.
486rwhp/ 430rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 01-20-2006, 04:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
ya... be a little more specific.....

i get a little squeaking from time to time (esp. with the car in reverse) with my baer brakes.... but otherwise.....

- Jim
87 Hatch.
5.0L w/S-Trim + supporting parts
post #5 of 17 Old 01-20-2006, 06:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
When I ordered my Baers I asked if I need the anti moan brackets and I was told to wait until I had about 500-1000 miles on the brakes to see if I need the anti moan brackets. The moaning finally stopped at about 850 miles or so.

Mustang Monthly Jan 2015- Feature
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords July 2005
post #6 of 17 Old 01-21-2006, 12:51 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Mine moan like a sonuvabitch when I brake while reversing. I do have the anti-moan brackets. Maybe I need to try taking them off and see if it's actually better that way?

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
post #7 of 17 Old 01-21-2006, 01:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Not trying to hijack this thread but I've asked this before and never got much help. Do any of you have any problems with the emergency brake not working well enough to handle holding the car on even only the slightest incline. How did you solve this?

On a quiet day you can hear Chevys rusting. (except my '02 Z06)

All better now.....Stroked 331, Forged Probe Pistons, Scat Crank & Rods, Kenne Bell 2200, AFR 185's, Comp Cam XE266HR, BBK 70MM TB, 90MM LMAF, 42# injectors, 3.55's, JBA Shorties, MagnaFlow exhaust, 395 RWHP, 403 RWTQ
post #8 of 17 Old 01-21-2006, 03:20 AM

I have the FMS M-2300-K kit, (as close to the Baer as you can get). I do not currently run the anti-moan brackets. My brakes have been on for approx. 5000 miles. They moan like crazy when in reverse. I was hoping the anti-moan brackets would help, but have not installed tham yet. If you guy's don't think they would help, what else could I try? The pads have about half life on them. Is there a contact point I should look for? I thought the moaning was normal without the brackets, and would clear up with the addition of the brackets? Any help for us would be appreciated.

www.ironhorseautosport.com
post #9 of 17 Old 01-21-2006, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Mine mainly MOANS during slow speed turns. Like when I pull in the driveway. But I havent driven my car 400 miles since I put the brakes on.

87 Saleen #171, 306, Lunati cam, gt40 heads, Edelbrock intake, 70mm tb, 1.6 rr, Mass air conv. C&L 76mm ,24# inj. Anderson powerpipe,mac shorties, hpipe, Flowmaster catback, tremec 3550, spec stage 3, FMS ds, 373s, eaton diff, 31 spline axles, Baer 13" brakes, Steeda X2 and bumpsteer, ramchargers fan, DCC controller
post #10 of 17 Old 01-21-2006, 09:11 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
My brakes tend to moan every once in a while when backing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 Laser GT Vert
Do any of you have any problems with the emergency brake not working well enough to handle holding the car on even only the slightest incline. How did you solve this?
Do you have an adjustable front parking brake cable? M-2810-A
Have you modified your parking brake handle? Cut the springs and weld?

Ford Racing M-2300-K Instructions, go to page 15

To set the proper tension you want the caliper end of the parking brake cables to pull just a hair on the springs.

Rick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 Calypso Green LX
5 lug swap with 13" Baers and 10th Ann. Cobras, 96+ spindles and 11.65" Cobra brakes with stock Fox Axles
Front Coilovers and rear MM adjustables
Built 306 - AFR, FTI Cam, RPMII, ect.
post #11 of 17 Old 01-21-2006, 12:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goduke
My brakes tend to moan every once in a while when backing up.

To set the proper tension you want the caliper end of the parking brake cables to pull just a hair on the springs.
Thanks, the Baer kit instructions don't mention anything about this, at least I don't think they did.

On a quiet day you can hear Chevys rusting. (except my '02 Z06)

All better now.....Stroked 331, Forged Probe Pistons, Scat Crank & Rods, Kenne Bell 2200, AFR 185's, Comp Cam XE266HR, BBK 70MM TB, 90MM LMAF, 42# injectors, 3.55's, JBA Shorties, MagnaFlow exhaust, 395 RWHP, 403 RWTQ
post #12 of 17 Old 01-21-2006, 06:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Wow, I always wondered why my brakes squeaked in reverse (throughout the season I checked the brakes and they still had TONS of meat on them)... I wasn't aware this was a common issue.

Thanks! By the way, does anybody know these brackets are supposed to stop the squeaking? Anybody got a part number?

- Jim
87 Hatch.
5.0L w/S-Trim + supporting parts
post #13 of 17 Old 01-22-2006, 10:42 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
My brakes only moan under severe cornering while trail braking. I inspected the caliper bracket and saw witness marks where the rotor is rubbing the bracket due to axle flex. I re-shimmed the bracket to offset it so that it wouldn't rub any more. This helped some, and reduced the amount of moan, but I need to shim it some more.

HTH

Eric Anderson
Alpharetta, GA

At Corner-Carvers, we're not happy till you're not happy
post #14 of 17 Old 07-19-2006, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Reviving an old topic, as my parking brake is as weak as 95 Laser's apparently is/was. I never modified the parking brake handle, and was under the impression that wasn't necessary with the Baer stuff (I assumed it was due to some difference between Baer's rear PBR caliper and the M2300K's rear Varga caliper).

I am curious what the M-2810-A adjustable cable does. It's only $16 at buyfordracing.com, so I guess I could just order it and see when it shows up. Just based on the description, I'm guessing it allows you to adjust the length of the cable that goes from the handle to the cable holder thingy that's in the driveshaft tunnel (where the two long cables slip into the holder thingy). Am I right?

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
post #15 of 17 Old 07-19-2006, 10:54 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen
buyfordracing.com
I'll pretend that I didnt here that.

The FRPP cable is a threaded rod(very similiar to the transmission end of an adjustable clutch cable) at the end the contects to the two long parking brake cables.

The cable allows you to remove the self adjustment out of the praking brake handle. You use the thread rod to adjust/pull your parking brake cables to set the correct preload on the caliper parking brake springs.

/edit I will try to dig around for a photo of it tommorrow at work.

Rick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 Calypso Green LX
5 lug swap with 13" Baers and 10th Ann. Cobras, 96+ spindles and 11.65" Cobra brakes with stock Fox Axles
Front Coilovers and rear MM adjustables
Built 306 - AFR, FTI Cam, RPMII, ect.
post #16 of 17 Old 07-19-2006, 11:44 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
What do you do if the parking brake on your Baer rear system sucks at holding the car, yet still applies a pull on the lever at the caliper when it's fully released and causes serious dragging?

That's my problem. Got no parking brake now, just disconnected the cables.. I asked about it a while back but didn't save the info and never got around to doing anything about it.
post #17 of 17 Old 07-24-2006, 07:33 PM

Quote:

So I got the part and just took a look at the directions from the M2300K kit. This is going to be a bit more involved than I thought - I had assumed I'd just be able to install the adjustable cable in place of the stock cable. I didn't realize that the M2810A cable is longer than the stock one, so you have to go thru and modify the parking brake handle in order to use it.

The M2300K instructions certainly leave something to be desired when it comes to explaining how to adjust the cables. "Attach forward ends of the rear parking brake cables to the equalizer and adjust the parking brake system. When adjustment is completed, tighten the locking nut to the adjusting nut." Uhhhhh... how do we know when the adjustment is completed? Fortunately goduke gave some guidance in his post, otherwise I would've been just blindly going about this.

Anyway, there's a welding shop about 2min from me, so I guess tomorrow I'll be bringing them the parking brake handle to weld, and then I'll be able to install this thing.

Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement