Mosport or Mont Tremblant - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-06-2006, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Mosport or Mont Tremblant

I'm beginning to get my autox and OT schedule together for the season. It looks like I'll only have time for three or four track weekends if I plan them way ahead...and depending on what is available. I know what my first event is (Summit point Shenandoah in May), and I know what the last one is (Lime Rock in November) In the mid summer, I'll be doing an NHIS DE, and I'd like to go to a DE at either Mosport or Mont Tremblant. I can only pick one. I've seen lap vids for each track, and I can't really make a choice.

I want to pick the track that I'll get the most useful seat time from.

Thoughts? Suggestions? etc..

Thanks

Troy Velazquez - Director
SVTOA Boston/New England Chapter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-07-2006, 08:07 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Mosport has a rich history, with a number of Formula 1 races being held there.

Rumour has it that a survey of professional race drivers put Turn 2 at Mosport in the top ten most challenging corners in racing.

Seat time, however, is more likely to be dictated by group organizing the day, and how many others show up, than the venue.

1997 Pacific Green Mustang SVT Cobra
post #3 of 10 Old 01-08-2006, 04:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (15)
New track: Calabogie

What about Calabogie? Any open track events there?

particularly non-stock 99 Cobra w/brand C motor...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-08-2006, 05:59 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Mosport is almost all high speed- only one turn I didn't take in 4th gear in my old FV. Turn 2 was almost flat out in that car- I tried it once, then it took me 5 more laps to work back up to the same speed. There are a few roller coaster like sections- one where it felt like liftoff was eminent at 100+ MPH. That track takes serious balls to go fast- even more in a high powered car like an 03 Cobra.

Never been to Mont Tremblant, but from the in car video it looks like fun. Lower speed and busier than Mosport- probably better suited for the less experienced. Just make sure the group you're running with runs the full course- not just one end, and I'm sure you'll have fun.

Justin
post #5 of 10 Old 01-08-2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentnoir
Nothing firm yet. We expect to have a two day School/Solo 1 demonstration event in August, but I don't have a tentative date yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabogie
Calabogie MotorSports will not be taking bookings for the 2006 season at this time. Bookings will be taken this Spring, once the appeals process has been cleared, and a firm paving date has been confirmed. Preference will be given to those that had taken tentative bookings for the 2005 season, and a system for bookings will be sent out in early Spring to all groups and individuals that have made inquiries over the last 24 months. Again , the track will be rented at an introductory rate for the shortened season, and as an incentive to prospective clients, passes for CMP’s exclusive pre-opening test weekend will accompany each rental for the 2006 season. Our projected opening date is July 1 st, 2006. All rental inquiries can be emailed to: [email protected]

1997 Pacific Green Mustang SVT Cobra
post #6 of 10 Old 01-08-2006, 09:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
I've never been to either, but a couple of my buddies have been to Mont Tremblant once or twice. They unanimously agreed that it's a fabulous track, on par with VIR (and if you've never been there, Troy, you should make an effort to - I've had friends drive down from NH for VIR events). Apparently the surrounding area is gorgeous, too, so if you have a "significant other" they can come along and go sight-seeing if they're not into your silly little car hobby.

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
post #7 of 10 Old 01-09-2006, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast92Coupe
That track takes serious balls to go fast- even more in a high powered car like an 03 Cobra.
I have a buddy that runs with COM that said the very same thing. Also, I have heard that there aren't many amenities at Mosport as opposed to Tremblant. I'm pretty sure Tremblant will be my choice.

post #8 of 10 Old 01-09-2006, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Addendum:

I have seen track vids of VIR... very nice place and interesting track. In the mid summer heat, I wanted to head north though....wouldn't want to push the Cobra into limp mode so easily.

post #9 of 10 Old 01-09-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentnoir
Calabogie is not paved! Opening date is July 1st 2006 but that is not firm yet. Read News and Updates on their site.

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/

88 LX Hatchback (100K Miles), Stock Engine, B&M Shifter, SFC, ST Brace, G-Load Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Tokico Illumina Adj, MM LCA, FRPP UCA, FRPP FCA, Mac EL Headers, Dynomax Super Turbos, Mark VII front disc, TC rear disc, ROH ZR6 16x8, Fuzion ZRi 225/50R16, Corbeau Forza DS
post #10 of 10 Old 01-10-2006, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Anyone here run with, or instruct for SCDA1? I see that they have a lot of NHIS and LRP dates.. It's more cash than COM or SVTOA for the seat time, but the events are far more numerous at the tracks closest to me... I was just curious how they run things compared to other outfits.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement