Hello All - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-31-2005, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Hello All

Hello all,
I am new to the Mustang world. I am in the process of picking out what springs to get for my GT. I am going to Road Race it a bit next year. I was thinking about the Eiback Sportlines with a camber kit. This will be my first suspension purchase. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

My Garage

2000 Mustang GT : Flowmaster Catback, K&N Airfilter, Modded Airbox

2005 Buell Firebolt XB9R : Black Body Work, Black Windscreen, Frame Pucks, Swingarm Sliders, Removed Passenger Pegs, Black Chrome Lettering, Polished Heel Guards, Royal Purple Fluids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-31-2005, 04:22 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Road Race it with just springs and shocks? What race series?

post #3 of 6 Old 12-31-2005, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

I am sorry. I ment track days. I would like to attend some track days at Road Atlanta next year. As far as shocks I want to buy the springs then save up for the shocks.

Thank you

My Garage

2005 Buell Firebolt XB9R : Black Body Work, Black Windscreen, Frame Pucks, Swingarm Sliders, Removed Passenger Pegs, Black Chrome Lettering, Polished Heel Guards, Royal Purple Fluids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-31-2005, 11:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
ANY springs that will actually help your cars handling (not just "lowering springs") will be seriously underdamped by the stock struts/shocks. Your car will wallow and bounce about in any sort of transient manuver (like say...cornering). If you can only afford one upgrade right now, I'd recommend camber/caster plates and a brake refresh (definately a fluid flush w/ good fluid, rotors/pads if necessary). A "camber kit" I will assume means camber bolts or "crash bolts" as they are called. While these will give you extra camber, they will not give you the other benefits of a quality set of CC plates: easy adjustment, caster gain, and positive upper strut location.

John Flesher
post #5 of 6 Old 12-31-2005, 11:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
For Road Atlanta, you really should be lookin to upgrade brake pads before any other mod. That track will eat them up.

93 GT Hatch 347, Electric Red, T5, 3.55, TFS TW, 1.6R/R, TFS 1 Cam, Cobra Intake. 70 TB, 73 C&L, MSD, BBK L/T, Griffin rad, 2000 Cobra R hood, Saleen wing, autopower 4 pt. Full-length Subs, STB, Tubular k, and control arms, Coilovers w/350lb, c/c plates, 4 Bilsteins, H&R rears, MM PHB, MM T/A, 4wheel Cobra discs with ABS, Bullitt wheels, 255/40ZR17. [email protected] 284 rwhp 314 rwtq. on old 302 no numbers on 347
2003 Explorer [email protected]
2003 SVT Focus [email protected]

Member:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Co-driver CMC Mustang #44
post #6 of 6 Old 12-31-2005, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the advise. I am new to this so all the info will help.

Thanks

My Garage

Sponsored Links
Advertisement