Opinions on rear brake upgrade please: - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-30-2005, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (6)
Opinions on rear brake upgrade please:

I'm currently running GT rear brakes on a stick axle. I was thinking of something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Opinions?

H/C/KB 01 Cobra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-30-2005, 04:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
I would recommend against it. With rear brakes too big, you have too much bias in the rear, not the front. It all depends on what you are looking for. I would suggest going with the rear Cobra brakes. They are plenty big for most applications.

If you were going with a 14" front kit, then this would work fine. Just try and have bigger fronts than rears for a rear wheel drive car.

post #3 of 8 Old 12-30-2005, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdugdaddy
I would recommend against it. With rear brakes too big, you have too much bias in the rear, not the front. It all depends on what you are looking for. I would suggest going with the rear Cobra brakes. They are plenty big for most applications.

If you were going with a 14" front kit, then this would work fine. Just try and have bigger fronts than rears for a rear wheel drive car.
I understand your logic, but considering that these are still utilizing the standard single piston caliper, I wasn't sure if it would be that big of a bias... maybe i'm wrong here...

H/C/KB 01 Cobra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-31-2005, 11:46 AM

LMFAO: "We always recommend cross drilled unless you are particularly concerned with structural integrity."

It's not just the size of the piston, it's the moment arm of the clamping force. Bigger rotor diameter == bigger moment arm, even if caliper is kept constant.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-01-2006, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdugdaddy

Where is the best/cheapest place to get cobra rear brakes?

H/C/KB 01 Cobra
post #6 of 8 Old 01-01-2006, 10:51 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
post #7 of 8 Old 01-01-2006, 01:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huesmann
LMFAO: "We always recommend cross drilled unless you are particularly concerned with structural integrity."
I can't believe they have that quote in their auction.

I'm not concerened about structual intergrity when it comes to brakes.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-01-2006, 10:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by auction
Don't waste your money on an expensive and hard to install Cobra 11.65" rear brake kit when you can have a 13" rear brake kit at almost 1/2 the price.
WTF is he talking about? The cobra kit(m2300m) is almost 1/2 the price of his kit, not the other way around. His kit is also about $60 more expensive then the exact same kit available from Baer, which you know comes with quality parts. So what if he throws in a set of no name pads.

I would avoid dealing with him just on the lies that he has in his auctions. Go with the FRPP kit M2300M. You get the brackets, vented rotors and anti-moan braces.

Rick

93 Calypso Green LX
5 lug swap with 13" Baers and 10th Ann. Cobras, 96+ spindles and 11.65" Cobra brakes with stock Fox Axles
Front Coilovers and rear MM adjustables
Built 306 - AFR, FTI Cam, RPMII, ect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement