Why are vert springs different than a coupes? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-04-2005, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
Why are vert springs different than a coupes?

I want to replace my "B" springs with H&R sports. H&R calls out a different part number for verts. I am trying to figure out why, since I have found a set of used coupe ones for a good price.

PS The "B" springs lowered my 90 vert the perfect amount.

Austin Flash
90 7-up Vert, 331, FTI AFR 165s & cam, Cobra Intake
2006 Infinity G35 6MT, stock daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-04-2005, 03:13 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
I own a vert. Verts way more then the coupe, thence a different spring is needed. I have a 97 and bought a H&R super sport springs and love the way they feel and handle.

Typical 97 vert with 8-point roll bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-04-2005, 03:16 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
A convertable has more weight over the rear suspension than a hardtop, so consiquently they require either stiffer or longer springs. Were you to put hardtop springs on a convertable, it's likey you'd see the rear suspension compress too much. This may be a problem from a looks standpoint or it may give you functional trouble like bottoming out often.

I guess you could always get some spacers to make up for the extra compressed distance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-25-2005, 12:55 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
the convertible is heavier due to extra supports, since the top really isn't there. The h&r ss springs lowered mine almost 2" up front, and 1.75 in the rear. try www.fiveofanatic.com/pgsvt/home.html he has the sport springs on his. good luck shoot a pm if you have any other questions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 pacific green cobra, american thunder cat back, M/M c.c. plates, tokico illumina s/s, H&R SS springs, frpp 4:10 gears, summit racing rear diff cover. steeda bumpsteer, and x2 balljoints, custom aluminum driveshaft, 18x9, and18x10 saleen wheels, with 265/35's and 295/35's, diamond clear corners. mac offroad h pipe, brembo replacement rotors, with hawk hps pads MGW BLUE!!! saleen 1 3\8 front swaybar
post #5 of 5 Old 12-25-2005, 01:02 AM

Trader Feedback: (17)
As others have said, it's the extra weight. I installed the coupe Eibachs on mine in error (shop gave me wrong ones) and the ride/handling was terrible including bottoming out. I posted on Corral and someone asked the coupe/vert spring part no. question which I did not know about. I checked and that was the problem...had them exchanged and the problem disappeared! Chalk another one up for the folks on Corral!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement