EVM trilink - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-30-2005, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
EVM trilink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivnalem
Before I completely derail the 5 link thread ..... Any thoughts as to why there has been such a lukewarm response to the trilink? I believe it competes with the TA solution and would also be SM legal (correct me if I'm wrong). It just seems like a great idea and a great product.
I don't think there has been a lukewarm response, rather it is new and unproven as of yet. I think once there are more of them in common use and more feedback on performance potential it will become more popular. Had I not already purchased a MM HD-TA for my autocross/track car I might have chosen it instead. I like the simplicity and light weight of the Tri-link. As far as SM rules it does appear to be a legal modification.

On anothe note, does anyone know why this post ended up above the one from the thread starter? The time stamp on the original post makes no sense as it can't be 5:50 PM on that post when I posted at 10:10 AM.

Last edited by Glenn; 11-30-2005 at 06:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-30-2005, 10:28 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn
On anothe note, does anyone know why this post ended up above the one from the thread starter? The time stamp on the original post makes no sense as it can't be 5:50 PM on that post when I posted at 10:10 AM.
This started happening yesterday shortly after the site was down for maintenance.

post #3 of 6 Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I have the tri-link installed on my car. A friend has a torque arm on his 90 GT and our cars feel similar in the mountains. We have not run them back to back on the track but the "feel" of the two cars are similar.

Hope this helps,
Ed

93 LX, Boosted and Braked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-30-2005, 04:32 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I think it's more from a marketing and new vs. established company rather than the technical merits of the products. Griggs and MM have been around for some time, and they're products are proven and well-reviewed. I had a torque arm in my basement but sold it before putting it on the car and put in a 3-link. I've typed up a review and I've been sitting on it for too long now. Suffice it to say I'm happy with the way it works and the guys at EVM very much stand behind their products in terms of answering your questions and after the sale tech support.

Don't know about class legality - I do open track/DE.

David

'87 GT Griggs front, EVM 3-link, Brembo/Baer, GT40 heads and intake, panhard, coilovers, Kirk Racing Roll Bar
post #5 of 6 Old 11-30-2005, 05:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
EVM trilink

Before I completely derail the 5 link thread ..... Any thoughts as to why there has been such a lukewarm response to the trilink? I believe it competes with the TA solution and would also be SM legal (correct me if I'm wrong). It just seems like a great idea and a great product.

Neal
-86 coupe project sitting in my garage on a 5 lug conversion.. and the motor is in.. and it runs
-newspeak SUCKS
post #6 of 6 Old 12-01-2005, 07:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn
As far as SM rules it does appear to be a legal modification.
Until the SCCA weenies change the rules to prohibit it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement