eibach pro kit springs upgrade to coilovers- worth it? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-28-2005, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
eibach pro kit springs upgrade to coilovers- worth it?

right now i have the eibach pro kit springs on my 99 GT. ive been thinking about switching over to an eibach coil over kit. mainly cuz im looking for a bit better handling performance and id like to be able to adjust my ride height. am i going to notice a difference in handling or do you pay the extra money just to have the tunability of coil overs? i found this kit http://livermoreperformance.com/must...er.html#eibach for $1219. doesnt seem too bad. do you know if these shocks have compression or rebound adjust as well as the ride height. im somewhat familiar with adjusting shocks from my ATV racing days so it would be nice to have a shock i can soften up a bit for drag racing and then stiffen a bit more for handling. do you think these will do it? is there a better brand out there? is there anything else i will need to buy along with the kit to get it to work right? or do you think i should just stay with the springs i already have?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-28-2005, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

ps...does anybody offer a coilover with remote resivoirs for mustangs?

post #3 of 7 Old 11-28-2005, 07:59 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I think you're going a bit overkill there, for your intentions at least. I figure if you're going to spend 1200+ bucks for a coilover supsension kit, you might as well go with the MM kit for just a tad more, and it includes a set of C/C plates.

FWIW, I run the Eibach ProKit's with stock GT shocks. The ProKit springs are SOOOOFT(like OE except shorter to lower the ride). If I were you, and didn't autox my car and wanted a nice ride on the street, I'd opt for some Bilstein's with some H&R Sport springs.

But if you're dead set on coilovers, the MM kit ranks up there at the top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-28-2005, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

rezzies so i could adjust the shocks without having to pull my wheels off i could just pop the hood and click the adjuster. prob pricey

so how about this coilover kit? http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=181 are the shocks adjustable for more than just ride height on these? its not so much im worried about the way the car rides its just id like some adjustability. i do have a track a couple miles from my house and i wouldnt mind taking it out occasionally but mainly i'd just like to have some flexibility on how my car will ride/handle if i ever want to make some changes.

i have thought about going to some other shocks and just keepin my eibach springs and yeah thatd prob help out and whatnot but id never be satisfied not knowing i had the best. when i do things to my vehicles i like getting the best part first so that way ill never have to upgrade again. i dunno i guess im just a bit of a perfectionist you know. problem is this is my first car, my first mustang, and im still a pretty big newbie to performance parts and whatnot with mustangs
post #5 of 7 Old 11-28-2005, 03:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Reservoirs for what?
post #6 of 7 Old 11-28-2005, 05:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Pro Kit springs are soft, not any better than stock imho. I'd also go with MM c/o's. Best of luck
post #7 of 7 Old 12-11-2005, 11:39 PM

I ran Eibach Pro Kit spings for 4 years. I switched them out for Griggs springs when I put a coil-over in the front. I used them for 3 years with a Griggs torque arm in the rear. Your best bet now is to get good shocks (you didn't say what you had), good tires (if you don't already have some), and a kit to locate the rear axle (Steeda, Griggs, MM).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement