2006 GT - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-23-2005, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
2006 GT

I decided to get rid of the 2003 Gt I have now and I ordered a 2006 GT today to take her place. Ordered steedas competition springs for it and adjustable strut tower brace for it and an SLP loudmouth kit for it, becuase I hate quiet v8's. I'm going to run it in ESP and eventually get steedas panhard bar and brace along with their front and rear swaybars. Just wondering if anyone here has an '05 or '06 and what they had done to it suspension-wise and how they felt about it. I have plenty of time as my salesman said the car might not be here till after christmas. I don't care though, as long as I have it for next season. Going to take it to Moroso in March too for it's first track event as well, it needs to broken in somehow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-23-2005, 11:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Your gonna want to do the panhard bar with the springs. Otherwise it will have the rear axle pulled off center. I'm not sure if the panhard bar brace deals with the alignment of the bar but if it doesn't I would look into getting the bar pivots relocated so the bar is parrallel with the rear axle with the car at ride height after it is lowered.

post #3 of 8 Old 11-23-2005, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCARACERGT
I decided to get rid of the 2003 Gt I have now and I ordered a 2006 GT today to take her place. Ordered steedas competition springs for it and adjustable strut tower brace for it and an SLP loudmouth kit for it, becuase I hate quiet v8's. I'm going to run it in ESP and eventually get steedas panhard bar and brace along with their front and rear swaybars. Just wondering if anyone here has an '05 or '06 and what they had done to it suspension-wise and how they felt about it. I have plenty of time as my salesman said the car might not be here till after christmas. I don't care though, as long as I have it for next season. Going to take it to Moroso in March too for it's first track event as well, it needs to broken in somehow.
I say toss the Steeda Springs and get a coil over setup with smaller diameter front springs which will allow you to run wider front wheels and tires. You may be able to run 295s in the front with that setup.

Do you know how an adjustment on the strut tower brace will affect the handling? I don't, I would just get a non adjustable and put that toward the coil overs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-24-2005, 12:53 PM

if he wants to run in ESP, coilovers are out

http://home.comcast.net/~markhohmeister
1993 ex-Florida Highway Patrol. Black. A few mods.
Dixie Region, Solo II daily driver since 2001.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-24-2005, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfhp
if he wants to run in ESP, coilovers are out
Isn't the front a coil-over design from the factory?

Tim ||||||| ||||||| |||||||

07 Subie Impreza - DD
92 GT SSP
XBL: Zexterr

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
post #6 of 8 Old 11-24-2005, 01:28 PM

I thought you could run coilovers, I didn't think that was changing the spring type.

post #7 of 8 Old 11-24-2005, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktavius
Isn't the front a coil-over design from the factory?
Yes

post #8 of 8 Old 11-25-2005, 08:39 AM

my bad ... i'm still back in 1993

http://home.comcast.net/~markhohmeister
1993 ex-Florida Highway Patrol. Black. A few mods.
Dixie Region, Solo II daily driver since 2001.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement