Ran the 2000 this weekend! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-21-2005, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Ran the 2000 this weekend!

I decided to run my 2000 GT this weekend. I have been running my 89 CP coupe, but I sealed the season (only one in CP ) win last month, so I decided to see what the newer car could do. I was very impressed. The older car has more power, but the newer car was about 2.5 seconds faster and much easier to drive at that level.

I was also formally introduced to Mr. Snap Oversteer. I have a 2001 IRS setup, and now I understand the need for a bushing upgrade. The rear did have a tendency to move around at turn in and mid corner.

All in all, a great weekend of fun and sun in South Texas. I set a goal of dipping into the 44 second range, but finshed with a 43.1, very pleased. That pulled me within 2 seconds of the "fast guys" on dedicated tires and lots of seat time. Can't wait to get some RA1's mounted and the bushings upgraded.

Just wanted to share.

2000 GT Current Auto-X mule/Daily Driver

Quote: "5.0Torx"

Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick 2...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-21-2005, 10:32 AM

This is my first Mustang, and I must say that I was really really impressed when I autox'd the car in stock trim. With very minor upgrades, the car came alive each time.

I came from import cars, and had always had the "Big V8's/Muscle Cars fall on their faces in the turns.....bla bla bla..." pounded into my brain by alota people around here.

I find that it's nice to have a good drag car, autox, and daily driver in one very capable package.

post #3 of 3 Old 12-09-2005, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

And there's a lot of satisfaction in stealing the thunder from a vehicle deemed "The Ultimate Driving Machine" with my little pony car.

Mostly I enjoy the challenge of getting my car to do things that it was not intended to do. I guess it might be more cost effective to buy something that was engineered to cut an apex, but there is a certain amount of satisfaction to be had in developing these abilities yourself.

2000 GT Current Auto-X mule/Daily Driver

Quote: "5.0Torx"

Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick 2...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement