suspension setup.. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-18-2005, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
suspension setup..

hey there people, I hope this is the right forum for this . Anyways, my wife and I just purchased a new 04 roush. This car is not a daily driver and will occasionally se the road course. I'm not going to drag race this car, so that is not a factor . I would like to upgrade the suspension with eibach sportline springs and tikico adjustable shocks. I'm told this will give me about a 2 inch drop while maintaining the ride quality that we have now. What does anyone think? is this a good setup for a weekend driver and occasional autocross event? thanks for any input.

Barry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-18-2005, 09:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
If you are concerned about ride or handling you DO NOT want the Sportlines. Your car will bottom out on bumps and have excessive body roll. Those springs are just for looks. I would recommend the Pro-Lines if you want any sort of ride without sacrificing too much handling. If you want better handling you want higher rate springs than the Pro-Lines and better shocks/struts than the Tokicos.

post #3 of 7 Old 11-19-2005, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

suspension

what would you recommend?

Barry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-19-2005, 10:59 AM

Doesn't the Rousch already have upgraded springs & shocks/struts? I would hope that a limited edition performance Mustang would already be up to the task of weekend toy.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-19-2005, 11:04 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
The car doesn't have any special suspension parts? Just going by what you say you will use it for I would say the Bullitt/Mach 1 suspension kit. Then if you get more into tracking and autocross you could upgrade to better dampers. If you are not too worried about autocross classing definitely go with a set of subframe connectors, such as the ones from Maximum Motorsports. There are a set of SCCA E Street Prepared legal weld on SFCs available from Ford that have become known as the "TSB SFCs" because of a technical service bulletin through Ford. The Bullitt/Mach kit will save you some money over other options that you could put towards a driving school.

-Bill

96 F350 PSD
Sold: 97 Cobra
post #6 of 7 Old 11-19-2005, 11:13 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
First of all, what is your current setup? I believe a Roush came with Bilsteins as original equipment. I ran a pair of Roush Bilsteins on my 95 Cobra a couple years ago and they worked great. If your car has the Bilsteins, a Tokico would be a step down. Find out for sure what your spring rates are now and what shocks and struts you have and then go from there.

From my experience with the SN95 Mustang, a set of Bilsteins with H&R Race springs along with a MM PHB will literally transform the driving manners and make the car much more predictable and fun to drive, without sacrificing a lot of ride comfort.

If you plan on doing an autocrossing I would recommend not changing anything in the car until you have competed a few times and improved your driving ability. A good autocross school, like Evolution, would help greatly in that area as well. Once you have done that you might have a better idea of what your car can do and if it has deficiencies that need to be addressed. Believe me, the greatest deficiency will be in the driver at first.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-19-2005, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

suspension

thanks for the info guys. The stage 1 04 roush is basically an appearance package. It does have the upgraded wheels and tires, but the stock mustang gt suspension only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement