NVH with CC plates - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-16-2005, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
NVH with CC plates

I am using MM CC plates, and I have noticed a big increase in road noise being transmitted to the inside of the car (since there isn't any rubber to insulate the CC plates from the chasis). Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone tried to use a paper or rubber gasket between the CC plates and the shock towers to quiet it down a bit? Any other ideas? I'd like my car quiet again, but don't want to remove the CC plates.

Curtis90GT
----------------
Baer 13"front/12"Rear Disc Brakes, 1995GT Master Cylinder, Bullit Springs, 03 Cobra Bilstein Struts/Bullit shocks, MM CC Plates, High Amp Pulleys, 3G Alternator, WMS SFCs, B&M Ripper, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, 190lph Fuel Pump, Dynomax SS Cat-Back, 3.55:1 Gears, '93 Cobra Rear Bumper, 2001 Cobra wheels, All Synthetic Fluids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-16-2005, 12:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I guess quiet is better than performance, there is quite alot of force be applied to the mounts. I don't believe it would be very wise to put a rubber gasket between the plate and the tower sheetmetal. I think if NVH is somthing you don't want I would just sell the MM plates and purchase a brand with eurathane.

2014 Camaro 1LE
2001 Cobra White SOLD
1989 Mustang GT "F0xR0d" SOLD
12.49 @ 116.8 mph (BFG KDW Street tire)
post #3 of 6 Old 11-16-2005, 01:18 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
I did not notice a big increase in noise when I went with MM c/c plates, even after I installed A-arms with Delrin bushings in them. The only noise issue I had was when one of the bearings loosened up a hair and caused a clunk. Replaced that years ago and it's been fine ever since. BTW this is not a gutted race car full of noise such that I'd never hear a new one, it's a daily-driven full-weight full-interior car.

It causes me to wonder where this "road noise" is actually coming from and how it's getting up to the strut rod to be transmitted through the plate in the first place. Which makes me wonder if you have a wheel bearing problem or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-16-2005, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Thanks for the reply. I have never been in another car with CC plates so I have nothing to compare it to except the stock plates. I will check wheel bearings etc. when I get a chance. Sounds like my added noise is not the norm.

I mostly notice the noise on the highway, not so much around town.

Curtis90GT
----------------
Baer 13"front/12"Rear Disc Brakes, 1995GT Master Cylinder, Bullit Springs, 03 Cobra Bilstein Struts/Bullit shocks, MM CC Plates, High Amp Pulleys, 3G Alternator, WMS SFCs, B&M Ripper, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, 190lph Fuel Pump, Dynomax SS Cat-Back, 3.55:1 Gears, '93 Cobra Rear Bumper, 2001 Cobra wheels, All Synthetic Fluids.

Last edited by Curtis90GT; 11-16-2005 at 01:37 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-16-2005, 03:34 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Yeah, I've had the same experience as MFE. No noticeable change in NVH with the MM C/C plates.

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
post #6 of 6 Old 11-16-2005, 07:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Have you rechecked to make sure all bolts/nuts are tight? I've had the camber sliders come loose and it made all kinds noise. Or if the strut rod nut is less than VERY tight the rod will pogo in the bushing.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement