Baer (GT) Caliper and Wheel Fitment ?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-14-2005, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Baer (GT) Caliper and Wheel Fitment ??

I'm on a quest to find out what rims will work with the new pressure cast caliper from Baer. Gt system. The obvious= 95r and 98r. I am more interested in the 99 cobra (17x8) which ford says will work with 2300k and 13" and also the bullet rims. Baer refused to go out on a limb and say what and what does not fit. They only say print out a template but that is useless when I dont have the rims, tires, spindles, ect. YET ! Does anybody have any real world info ? Thanks.

82' GT. Ocassional street, open track/solo II. Carbed 408, AFR 205's, Ed Curtis custom cam, Mac 1 3/4" LT, MSD stuff. Bassani X, TKO-600 to 8.8 ,3.73, alum. driveshaft. KB k-member. Steeda 5 link. My Corral gallery =
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-27-2005, 12:52 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron82
I'm on a quest to find out what rims will work with the new pressure cast caliper from Baer. Gt system. The obvious= 95r and 98r. I am more interested in the 99 cobra (17x8) which ford says will work with 2300k and 13" and also the bullet rims. Baer refused to go out on a limb and say what and what does not fit. They only say print out a template but that is useless when I dont have the rims, tires, spindles, ect. YET ! Does anybody have any real world info ? Thanks.
Hi -- I've been trying to respond to your post on corner-carvers, but haven't been approved by the moderator yet:

Quote:
Looking at the fourth link, I'm not sure that it is the new pressure cast caliper especially when "black stripes" stated that these links were from a long time ago. It would be great if they did fit behind these rims because that would open up another option. I tried calling Baer again today, Dutch wasn't there, and I could not convince the tech guy that I could not download the template and I did not have a single part that the template would work on. They dont seem to know there product very well and dont want to be responsible for ANY wheel fitment. Anybody know of someone specific in Baer that could be a source of info ? Still trying... keep tuned.
Those are my pics; they are a little over a year ago (Sept. 2004). I picked up one of the first Baer GT kits for my '03 GT vert. The calipers are different than the more common, similar looking PBRs -- they have a larger inner radius to accommodate the 13" rotor (same as the previous generation corvette?) and a difference in the fin arrangement (lower) to clear the rim. The good news, in response to your Q, is that they fit under the stock 17" wheels you see in the pics with no mods.

Happy to answer further Qs.
Mark

Last edited by mneblett; 11-27-2005 at 04:19 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-27-2005, 08:39 PM

Quote:
How are your impressions of the caliper ? I will use them hard a few days a year at Watkins Glen and a small amount of street time. Stock pads or others ?
My impression is very good, but its very limited -- all street use to date Previous fade on mountain roads with stock fronts is gone with the GTs. Nothing approaching full OT use, though, so sorry, not much use to ya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-28-2005, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Thanks. This is good, long awaited news. I like several of the Ford rims and also want to be able to use the GT caliper. How are your impressions of the caliper ? I will use them hard a few days a year at Watkins Glen and a small amount of street time. Stock pads or others ?

82' GT. Ocassional street, open track/solo II. Carbed 408, AFR 205's, Ed Curtis custom cam, Mac 1 3/4" LT, MSD stuff. Bassani X, TKO-600 to 8.8 ,3.73, alum. driveshaft. KB k-member. Steeda 5 link. My Corral gallery =
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-05-2006, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Thanks. This is good, long awaited news. I like several of the Ford rims and also want to be able to use the GT caliper. How are your impressions of the caliper ? I will use them hard a few days a year at Watkins Glen and a small amount of street time. Stock pads or others ?
Any feedback on these calipers yet?

MJ

Zone-5 Performance Products

-----------------------------------------------
'03 Sonic Blue Cobra Coupe
- VT 5.3L Darton MID sleeved Big-bore/stroker
- CP pistons (9.2:1), Oliver billet rods, billet oil gears, triggerwheel
- P&P '03 heads, Crower stage2 cams, SS valves, springs, titanium retainers
- P&P '01 Cobra top-end
- HP twin 57mm intercooled turbo setup
- much, much more.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement