M2300 upgrade IRT plug and play - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-11-2005, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question M2300 upgrade IRT plug and play

I am looking at getting a set of 2004 MACH 1 wheels with stock rubber, for 400.00 I have read allot of these threads, seems to be an infinite number of combinations of brakes and wheel selections, all with what seems to be unique problems with each, i.e.; tires sticking out to much, and not to mention tire size, wheel size, fender rub, lowered, not lowered. Looking at the Late Model Resto catalog www.50resto.com they sell a M2300 kit for 2000.00 they also sell a basic 5-lug conversion kit for 400.00

Question: They state that if the MACH 1 rims are being used on a FOX, the M2300 kit must be used true/false? I have also heard and read on this web site somewhere that a standard 5-lug conversion will work, hence the 400.00 kit with drums. What’s the gouge here?

My 91 LX is lowered with the standard eibachs, approx 1.25 front 1.0 rear. I have installed the MM lower control arms, and the factory uppers from MM as well, and yes, the rear does seem sloppy after this install. I have MM CC plates with the castor knocked all the way back – don’t know what the setting is, I did it in the garage! Made the steering feel 100 percent better. It drives straight, feels ok in the corners.

Comments, questions, items of consideration?

Scott

91 LX 5.0 AOD, Hatch, Silver w/ Black Trim and Interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-12-2005, 02:08 AM

I don't know why 50resto would say that the m2300k is required. It will work with the stock Fox track. In my opinion, the wheel will look sucked in, but it will fit.

What are you looking to do with the brakes? Upgrade? Just go 5 lug?

www.ironhorseautosport.com
post #3 of 5 Old 11-12-2005, 04:32 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Because the Mach 1 wheels' centercaps cannot be installed with the wheels on the old-style spindles, not without modifications anyway. Their $400 5-lug upgrade doesn't improve your spindles and doesn't improve your brakes, it just makes them all 5-lug. The M2300K or its junkyard-scrounged equivalents use the newer-style front spindles/hubs and add rear discs. Check out SN95brakes.com for the definitive fox brake upgrade information from the old "Matt's brake page".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-13-2005, 04:46 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
You can purchase parts separately.

The FMS 5-lug drum kit is about $200 for the rear axles and drums

Then you can use any SN95 front setup and MC for maybe another $200 or so in parts and can always upgrade later to Cobra 13" fronts.

www.sn95brakes.com

Mike
--1988 Mustang LX 5.0--
post #5 of 5 Old 11-22-2005, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Everyone, Thanks for all the info, I am onboard with MFE about getting the SN95 stuff, the sn95brakes.com page is one of the most informative resource I have found trying to get the straight answer on all the differant 5 lug/brake options.
I basically want to start with the 5 lug upgrade first, I mean for the price of a set of billets with rubber for about 1200.00 I just dont hink you can beat that, compared to the price of 4 16 inch tires, and still not have an upgradable brake system for later on.
I am still thinking about these MACH 1 rims and tires, I can get for 400.00 just dont know if the machs will look good on a FOX, I guess it's all a matter of personal preferance.

Scott

Scott

91 LX 5.0 AOD, Hatch, Silver w/ Black Trim and Interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement