It seems that my rod ends for my Baer bumpsteer kit are getting a little too loose. I plan to replace them next week. After searching on other boards (found nothing here in a search ) it seems like people are having good luck with the QA1 kevlar/teflon rod ends. Anyone using these? Any suggestion? What size do I need for the bumpsteer kit? I know the hole ID is 5/8" but dont know what the threading is. Is one of them left-hand thread?
Also, the car is street driven too, so I am going to put some seals on all my rod ends in hopes that they will last longer (panhard bar, bumpsteer kit, and RLCAs). I know of the Seals It brand, are there any others to consider? Thanx.
Don't have the answer to your question but thanks for posting the sealsit link. I knew I had seen those somewhere but couldn't find em.
I just recently replaced the ends on my UPR BS kit because one had a tiny bit of play. They had 20k on them though and I drive about 300 yards a day on a dirt road. They were also very inexpensive to replace at $10 ea from UPR. Still I would like to put the seals on all the ends I have on the car. I bought the 1/2" ends on my watts link and 3/8" sway bar links from Grainger. The 1/2" ends I put on the watts link have over 40k on them with no play yet. I think that is pretty awesome considering the stress they must absorb.
They are 5/8 18, regular thread
I'm not using the QA1 rod ends, but I did buy my own from a local store.
They are sealed and look to be very high quality.
I made my own bumpsteer kit because I went with a 03 cobra rack and pinion.
The 03 rack has 14mm 1.5 thread, inner tie rod. Plus they are 2 inches longer.