Welding subframe connctors - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-03-2005, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Welding subframe connctors

Hello,
I have a question concerning welding subframe connectors. MM says in their instructions to use a drive-on lift. A shop was telling me that they put the car on four 2.5 tons lifts and this loads the suspension. They put one under each control arm and on each side of the rear axle. MM says that they will only recommend a drive-on lift. My question: Is the 4 post method as good as the drive-on lift?

Thanks,
Henry

2004 Mystichrome #117 Cobra Convertible #366, bone stock with 3,100 miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 BMW DINAN 550i Sport S Package - the beater car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-03-2005, 02:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
As long as the suspension is fully loaded and the car is level I don't see a problem.

88 LX Hatchback (100K Miles), Stock Engine, B&M Shifter, SFC, ST Brace, G-Load Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Tokico Illumina Adj, MM LCA, FRPP UCA, FRPP FCA, Mac EL Headers, Dynomax Super Turbos, Mark VII front disc, TC rear disc, ROH ZR6 16x8, Fuzion ZRi 225/50R16, Corbeau Forza DS
post #3 of 7 Old 11-03-2005, 03:32 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
+1

Troy Velazquez - Director
SVTOA Boston/New England Chapter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-03-2005, 07:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
+2

All bleeding stops eventually.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-03-2005, 09:24 PM

Trader Feedback: (26)
yup, loaded suspension (any way achieved) is fine.

adam

90 GT black, V2 SI-Trim, Blow-Thru A/A Intercooler
stage 3 "Y" heads/ Bennett Racing intake, TFS#1, long tubes, 3"Pro-Dumps/H-pipe, TKO500, 3.55's, Home made TA and PHB, cobra brakes, 22 gallon Fuel Safe Cell, PMS tuned etc.. built for twisties
post #6 of 7 Old 11-08-2005, 02:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I'd call MM...they'll tell you for sure...I would prefer the lift method and have gotten accounts of people using the stated method with poor results...i.e a brand new 04 cobra whose owner couldn't open the doors after this method was used...find a place with a lift it shouldn't cost much more money...

1998 Chrome Yellow Cobra. 3.73 gears, Tremec 3550, MM a-arms, coil overs, Caster Camber Plates, K-Member Brace, rear control arms, Panhard Bar, Kenny Brown Shock Tower Brace, Strut Tower Brace, Extreme Matrix Subframe Connectors with Jacking Rails, Tokico Illuminas front and rear, H&R Road Race Springs, Steeda Ultralight II"s 18x9.5's with 1" wheel adaptors...Bassani Hi Flow X Pipe with Flowmaster Delta Flow 2 Chamber Catback.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-08-2005, 02:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alilpsi
I'd call MM...they'll tell you for sure...I would prefer the lift method and have gotten accounts of people using the stated method with poor results...i.e a brand new 04 cobra whose owner couldn't open the doors after this method was used...find a place with a lift it shouldn't cost much more money...
Couldn't open the doors?! Did they have only one corner of the car on a jackstand when they welded the SBF connectors on?

88 LX Hatchback (100K Miles), Stock Engine, B&M Shifter, SFC, ST Brace, G-Load Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Tokico Illumina Adj, MM LCA, FRPP UCA, FRPP FCA, Mac EL Headers, Dynomax Super Turbos, Mark VII front disc, TC rear disc, ROH ZR6 16x8, Fuzion ZRi 225/50R16, Corbeau Forza DS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement