Ford Mustang Forums banner

Review - North Race Cars Fox to SN95 Cobra Rear Brake Swap Kit

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Oktavius 
#1 · (Edited)
I just finished up installing the North Racecars Cobra 11.65 kit in my 86 Capri(soon to be FFR Cobra donor car).

www.northracecars.com

Bought the brackets, hardware, Fox length 5-lug axles(Yukon 28 spline), and the cables for $440, they don't list that as an option, but if you call and talk to Richard - that's the deal.

Traded in a set of junkyard core calipers at Advance Auto and a $100 for a pair of reman calipers, and another $25 for cheap pads until my Hawks get here.

Bought a set of new brake lines from Classic Tube, already modified for the brake conversion for $40(in Stainless Steel). With these tubes, this was an absolute plug and play modification.

www.classictube.com

Took about two hours to install everything except for the parking brake cables, everything fit good. As I'm changing around the parking brake lever/mechanism, I haven't assembled the new equalizer, etc. yet.

Waiting on my 8.8 girdle to get here before its maiden voyage, but all looks good, and am really pleased with both vendors.

Next up...the SN95 front spindle/Cobra caliper swap.

See less See more
#17 ·
im guessing its not the same bracke north uses for the 4 lug TC disks right? or is it just the caliper and mount thats different? i may try to get this and redrill the rotors in the 4 lug pattern.

#19 ·
Sweet, thanx for the pics. The brackets that hold the brake lines at the end of the axle tubes, did you source that from a disc rearended mustang? It has been so long since I converted to disc I forget whether that is a drum setup part or a disc part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.