Autox video from a week ago: - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-24-2005, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Autox video from a week ago:

http://www.knology.net/~daduck/SCF/Tony%20Auto-x

I'm no internet guru, so lemme know if it doesn't work. I think you may hafta add ".wmv" to the end of the file for it to play, something like that.

Video is kinda choppy, but makes it look fast..............like in tha' movies!

Last edited by 2k2GT; 10-24-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-24-2005, 03:55 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
That's pretty cool. It's nice and clear and it looks like it is on fast forward or something but the time of the video is right on with the results you linked to in that post. You are some kinda smooth.

post #3 of 13 Old 10-24-2005, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Ya gotta be smooth when ya got 200lb springs in the front and 50's in the back! SOmeday.......someday.......I'll upgrade the Pro-Kit's to H&R something or other's.

Kinda a domino effect though........higher rate, means need for struts/shocks too. Kinda hard to upgrade something that seems to "work" for the time being though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 10-25-2005, 09:43 AM

Dude that was beautiful. Looks really fun....my heart was pounding watching the vid. What exhaust are you running? You made all that look so easy...You've got a well tuned suspension with all those turns you were going through. Would you mind going over the specifics as far as what you modded on your suspension?

Henry
post #5 of 13 Old 10-25-2005, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

C/C plates, Eibach ProKit springs, Panhard bar, LCA's. Random welded on bars/4-point cage. Pretty much it, nothin' fancy.

The car is realistically just a good alignment, and the biggest tire I could fit under it, 275(at the time )

The exhaust is an off road H-pipe, with SpinTech side exits.

Watching autox's on video is difficult, you can't hardly make out the course(if at all!). It was pretty fun course I'll admit.

Last edited by 2k2GT; 10-25-2005 at 10:17 AM.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-25-2005, 12:32 PM

Ford Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2GT
C/C plates, Eibach ProKit springs, Panhard bar, LCA's. Random welded on bars/4-point cage. Pretty much it, nothin' fancy.

The car is realistically just a good alignment, and the biggest tire I could fit under it, 275(at the time )

The exhaust is an off road H-pipe, with SpinTech side exits.

Watching autox's on video is difficult, you can't hardly make out the course(if at all!). It was pretty fun course I'll admit.

I saw the vid just fine, thanks, and I have to admit that was the first one ive ever seen. I've seen lot of mods done and heard lots of stangs but rarely have I ever got a chance to witness one in action....I was impressed. Car looks great and it looks like you've spent thousands in set up just by looking at it. You're too modest. The spin techs sound great.....had everyone in my office area listening and watching on my 17" monitor and hyper base surround sound computer speakers. (ha ha) 2 of the guys in my office bought trading posts at lunch looking to buy a mustang....See what you've done!!!!!!!

How does the panhard bar work in realtion to not having one? Was there a big improvement in handling with that and the addition of the LCA's? Sorry for the questions, starving minds want to know.

Henry
post #7 of 13 Old 10-25-2005, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLOHRS
Dude that was beautiful. Looks really fun....my heart was pounding watching the vid. What exhaust are you running? You made all that look so easy...You've got a well tuned suspension with all those turns you were going through. Would you mind going over the specifics as far as what you modded on your suspension?

Henry
Tony's car out accelerates, outbrakes, and comes out of corners MUCH harder than my car and more importantly, he is a much more aggressive, more experienced, and more confident driver than I am..... but I don't think the car turns or transitions any better than my front swaybar, alignment, tires only car.

Seat time and tires. That is really all you need to get a lot out of the car. Every time I go out, I find myself thinking, "I can't believe I made that." or "I can't believe I can carry that much speed through there."
post #8 of 13 Old 10-25-2005, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjrife1
..... but I don't think the car turns or transitions any better than my front swaybar, alignment, tires only car.

Seat time and tires. That is really all you need to get a lot out of the car. Every time I go out, I find myself thinking, "I can't believe I made that." or "I can't believe I can carry that much speed through there."
Steve is 100% right(for once! ).

The panhard/LCA combo helped eliminate wheel hop and got rid of the notorious "snap oversteer" the binding in the rear end design has. I'm able to drive the car on the limit(especially in sweepers)without the worry of one lil' bump sending the rear end flying. Makes me more confident to push the car.

Thanks for the compliments, but you just gotta get out there and go 10/10ths and use all the car has before you start band-aid'ing it.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-25-2005, 01:37 PM

That was downright awesome! I think I like that a lot better than the quarter mile.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-25-2005, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepony4.6
That was downright awesome! I think I like that a lot better than the quarter mile.
Thats cool.....different strockes for different folks, each one takes it's own skill. I'd be safe to say I'm about 80% autox and 20% drag race. I mean, the autox stuff is fun, but it's a pretty awesome feelin havin a 125-150hp kick of nitrous in a straight line too!

Again, thanks for all the compliments but what it boils down to is just getting out there, and getting as much time in the car as possible. I bought this car new, and it's my first RWD/V8 car. I autox'd it STOCK and just slowly added one piece at a time after I recognized what the car was doing, that I didn't want it to do. Not quite accurate on this but here goes:

1. Alignment(C/C plates and some same rate springs, just a lil' lower)
2. wheel/tire combo(R-compounds)
3. chassis stiffening

The other stuff like 4.10 gears, packing the OE diff real tight, and some pullies/plenum/throttle body/intake/exhaust were just kinda "drag race" and "fun" stuff, but I'm sure they sorta help. I really like the 4.10's for our smaller/tighter courses. However it's mostly a blessing, but it can also be a cursing. Some courses I do need to ride the limiter in 2nd gear(which I HATE!), but most of the times it's not bad. The www.trscca.com event normally allows me to go on to 3rd gear. This past even there, I was able to take a Chicago Box in 3rd gear. Thats about 65mph for me, at the given acceleration/RPM I was traveling. EXILLERATING!!!!

Last edited by 2k2GT; 10-25-2005 at 04:11 PM.
post #11 of 13 Old 10-26-2005, 11:57 AM

I think myself and blupony4.6 need to get out in the hampton roads area and do some practicing. I'll be sure and check out some autox events in the Va area and try to get some seat time and get to know the limits of my precious pony. This is one hobby I am going to throughly enjoy. Thanks Tony and Steve for the info and guidance, much appreciated. Thanks.

Henry

02 Mustang GT

Cervini Ram Air Hood, Steeda Race Wing, Billet running horse grill, JT racing CAI w/ K & N filter, BBK 70mm t/b, Ben Alameda Ported upper plenum, Steeda upper plenum spacer, BBK udp's, o/r H pipe, Flowmaster 1 chbr catback w/4" rolled stainless tips, Steeda G Trac Suspension (springs, subframes, G Trac Brace), Tokico HP series shocks/struts, front 13" cobra brakes, 13" rear Baer brake kit, B & M Pro Ripper shifter, high interior bling factor, chrome 95 CobraR's 17 x 9.5
post #12 of 13 Old 10-26-2005, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Visit www.scca.com to find the local region closest to you and get involved.
post #13 of 13 Old 10-26-2005, 05:54 PM

I'm pretty sure Norfolk hosts a divisional so I bet they have a big lot as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement