This is why I'm fast at autox!!!! (funny pic) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-20-2005, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
This is why I'm fast at autox!!!! (funny pic)

With cars that big on course at the same time.......you know you're on the losing end of the battle if you spin!

RAW results from that day: http://etrscca.org/soloii/results/20...nal_11_raw.htm

PAX results from that day:
http://etrscca.org/soloii/results/20...nal_11_pax.htm

Guy in the FS Mustang GT had one of those "ON" days. I struggled as usually with totally SM prepared ( ) Mustang GT. RAW time/finish was boosting however!

Last edited by 2k2GT; 10-20-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-20-2005, 06:59 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Its nice to see something out there thats bigger than a mustang once in awhile. At our last "Octoberfast" AutoX there was a Cadillac CTS-V doing fun runs, for its size that car could really move. Mustangs are usually the biggest cars at our meets along with a camaro or T/A the rest are miatas, S2000s, CRXs etc etc.

1999 Cobra Coupe
'00 Mustang GT
#28 NASA AMERICAN IRON
www.drivenasacentral.com
post #3 of 15 Old 10-20-2005, 08:38 PM

I wish more guys would run non traditional cars. I think it'd be more fun. I run a Mark VII.

2001 BMW Dinan 540i
1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
1986 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
1985 Lincoln Continental
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-20-2005, 10:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2GT
I struggled as usually with totally SM prepared ( ) Mustang GT. RAW time/finish was boosting however!
Yeah looks like you really sucked, LOL. Only FTD in the real cars and second overall behind a race cart with 63 entries.

Good job as usual.

Last edited by Han Solo; 10-20-2005 at 10:35 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-20-2005, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

The guy in the Impala is a really good driver. I consider myself pretty good, but I honestly don't think I could pilot/navigate that big vehicle around our mostly small/tight courses.

I hadn't autox'd in what seemed like forever, and I was glad to see I could put together some good/consistent runs, minus my first run spin ( http://www.etrscca.org/soloii/result...nal_11_fin.htm ) without showing alota "rust".

We were first run group out, and the course has alota dust/gravel that needed to be brushed off. I got my best run on my 4th attempt of 5 total.

Last edited by 2k2GT; 10-20-2005 at 10:40 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-20-2005, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo
Yeah looks like you really sucked, LOL. Only FTD in the real cars and second overall behind a race cart with 63 entries.

Good job as usual.
Well thanks for the kind words man. Sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then.

I was hoping for a 33.999 run, but I honestly don't think "I"(the driver)had it in me. Pretty sure the car was capable, I just had to let up in the the Chicago Box area, and also got hesitant in the last 2 cones of the slalom leading toward the finish.

It was one of those things you have runnin' through your head: "You have a good run so far........DON'T BLOW IT!!!"
post #7 of 15 Old 10-20-2005, 10:45 PM

Quote:
We were first run group out, and the course has alota dust/gravel that needed to be brushed off.
Gravel sucks. Our site always has lots of it. I even found some under my intake manifold when I changed it. Gets in my springs and pops and cracks for a few days after each event. Thank goodness it's not always THIS bad.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-20-2005, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

I remember you posting that pic at another time HAN!!! I was like, "Holy hell........thats a RALLY-X!!!"
post #9 of 15 Old 10-21-2005, 12:10 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Holy toledo batman and I thought our old runway/auto X course had a few bad spots and loose sections of cement. Thats insane!
post #10 of 15 Old 10-21-2005, 09:27 AM

When I ran an auto-x back in May there was an old man who drove his 1985 Grand Marquis on the course. The car was in great shape and was pretty tight (as tight as a Grand Marquis can get).

88 LX Hatchback (100K Miles), Stock Engine, B&M Shifter, SFC, ST Brace, G-Load Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Tokico Illumina Adj, MM LCA, FRPP UCA, FRPP FCA, Mac EL Headers, Dynomax Super Turbos, Mark VII front disc, TC rear disc, ROH ZR6 16x8, Fuzion ZRi 225/50R16, Corbeau Forza DS
post #11 of 15 Old 10-21-2005, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I just had to let up in the the Chicago Box area, and also got hesitant in the last 2 cones of the slalom leading toward the finish.
You've got too many mods/too much power. I was able to flatfoot both of those parts. I kinda feel like I blew my once in a lifetime opportunity at FTD PAX. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, back to mediocrity for me!
post #12 of 15 Old 10-21-2005, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

I'd rather approach a turn at 70mph and hafta use the brakes, than approach the same turn at 40mph and keep it flat footed.
post #13 of 15 Old 10-21-2005, 11:46 AM

In Corpus, there is a guy that will show up every now and then in his Marauder. Very surprising. Great motor in that thing.

2000 GT Current Auto-X mule/Daily Driver

Quote: "5.0Torx"

Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick 2...
post #14 of 15 Old 10-21-2005, 01:39 PM

Good Lord, Hans!

When you guys report to your work assignment do you get safety googles to go with your radio and red flag?
post #15 of 15 Old 10-21-2005, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjrife1
Good Lord, Hans!

When you guys report to your work assignment do you get safety googles to go with your radio and red flag?
That pic was on a day when it was the worst it's ever been. Not usually that bad but you do need to wear eye protection in the car. It's not unusual to get hit in the face with a few pieces while driving or riding with my daughter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement