Looking for GOOD rollcage installers - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-18-2005, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Looking for GOOD rollcage installers

Hey guys,

I am looking to get a CMC legal cage installed in my '83. I am not aware of any reputable shops in my area (southeastern MN) but I would be willing to travel to get a good one put in. Anyone know of a GOOD shop in the upper midwest (i.e. MN, IA, WI) that could do this? I would prefer a shop that specializes in Mustangs, in particular road racing Mustangs.

Thanks for your help,

Paul

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-18-2005, 08:50 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I bet you could get these guys to do one for you. They are in Stillwater.

http://www.race-electronics.com/

http://www.maloneyracing.com/

post #3 of 6 Old 10-23-2005, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info 92. I saw from another thread you replied too that you race a stang with under 300hp? Where do you race and what series or club are you are apart of? Where in MN are you at?

I have been looking at getting my car into NASA's Camaro Mustang Challenge Racing. I first have to complete get my Mustang set-up then do the HPDE course and get my license. It just stinks that the nearest NASA track is Road America in Western WI. I mean, I like the idea of CMC but I don't like the idea of traveling all over WI, OH, IN to go to the races. If there were another sereis or club that pitted camaro's versus mustnag's and was closer I would be there.

Sorry for the rant.

Later,

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-24-2005, 10:42 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I am still in my learning phase. I autoX with COM, PCA and MAC. The PDE's I plan to run are put on by MNF-Body. Contact Badspeller (Brian) here www.tcstangs.com He won AI this year. He has autoX'd with us and he's a nice guy. I am sure he'll help you with any NASA related questions. You could probably ask him about the cage too. I am in New Hope. I am not sure what the status of BIR will be for next seaon and I am hoping for that whole Pine Run thing to go through. I really don't have intentions of building my car to wheel-to-wheel status, but I plan to hit 4-5 HPDE's a year and 8-10 autoX's. A racing series requires a little more time/money than I currently have.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-24-2005, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTRTHNU
Thanks for the info 92. I saw from another thread you replied too that you race a stang with under 300hp? Where do you race and what series or club are you are apart of? Where in MN are you at?

I have been looking at getting my car into NASA's Camaro Mustang Challenge Racing. I first have to complete get my Mustang set-up then do the HPDE course and get my license. It just stinks that the nearest NASA track is Road America in Western WI. I mean, I like the idea of CMC but I don't like the idea of traveling all over WI, OH, IN to go to the races. If there were another sereis or club that pitted camaro's versus mustnag's and was closer I would be there.

Sorry for the rant.

Later,

Paul
I don't know your geography well, but do you have racetracks nearby? If so, get enough people interested and start a chapter.

Cream may rise to the top, but sometimes sh&t floats too.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-25-2005, 12:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
i installed a 4point bar, tubular subframe connectors, jacking rails, braces between, and a k-member brace in my 83 t-top hatch..
the body is quite stiff. the car is setup to race in the scca type road track.

loads of fun. look in your area to see what's available. up here in new england i race with my girl who's in the greater Boston BMW car club chapter.

you go out there with everything from BMW's to miatas, porsches, vetts, and some full out race trailer cars depending on the class.. this was my first season with the mustang so i'm trying to still get everything working together. i'm finind it hard to keep just under 400hp planted on theses 16"pony's but i think an investment of some good competition rubber for next season will play a huge roll in decreased lap times.

if you'd like any help (ideas, pictures, etc) feel free to email me at [email protected] and i can send you some stuff of how i have the car set up if that may help you.

matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement