New Track Day Schedule Site. Contributors Needed - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-10-2005, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
New Track Day Schedule Site. Contributors Needed

For the past few months, I’ve been working on an informational website for track day participants and enthusiasts. While the site is just about complete, what we are lacking is some good content on a variety of subjects. If you look over the site at www.opentrackaction.com, you will see that the site is designed as sort of a “one stop shop” for schedules, information and tips for enthusiasts. It’s these sections where we need some material, so if you would like to contribute, all submissions would be greatly appreciated. The following sections need some content:

Event Reviews
If you’ve attended an event and had a good, or bad, experience, we would like to hear about it. We need good, unbiased reviews, preferably with pictures, of events by various organizations in all parts of the country.

Product Reviews
If you’ve purchased or used a product that impressed or disappointed you, we want to hear about it. We need reviews on safety equipment, parts and accessories, cool tools or any other open track related items that will increase your level of safety, improve your skills, or heighten your level of enjoyment on track, in the garage, or in the pits.

Track Day Guides.
In this section we need articles on a wide range of subjects like what to expect at your first track day event, On-track etiquette, understanding flags, proper use of safety equipment, etc. Virtually any subject that will enhance the on-track experience or improve safety would be appreciated. The sky’s the limit here.

Projects
If you are ready to begin a project, from a simple one that takes just a few minutes through an intermediate weekend long project up to a long term full car project, document it in words and pictures and we will publish it. Share your experiences with others. If you have something already written, send it in too, even if it’s already been published elsewhere.

The Gallery
If you have any pictures that would be interesting to the viewers, send them in and let us show them off.

I do not consider my site a replacement for this site. I consider it a complementary site since the main focus is to be able to find a track day in your area.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-11-2005, 07:47 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
You don't seem to have included the Car Guys (.com) events in the schedule.

post #3 of 8 Old 10-11-2005, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by huesmann
You don't seem to have included the Car Guys (.com) events in the schedule.
You scared me! I thoughtI missed a group. They're there though. On the search page, select the drop down box next to org. and select CarGuys. I show the next events as:

2005-10-15 Virginia Intl Raceway VA Track Day CarGuys
2005-11-11 Shannonville Motorsports Park CANADA Track Day CarGuys
2005-12-05 Virginia Intl Raceway VA Track Day CarGuys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-11-2005, 10:14 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Might want to provide a link to the "open track primer" http://www.norcal-saac.org/
post #5 of 8 Old 10-11-2005, 12:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (15)
There is a SAAC event missing. It's comming up on 10-21,22,23 at Mid-Ohio and it's run in conjuction with SVTOA of Pittsburg (?).

all of the SVTOA events in the great lakes region are missing.

particularly non-stock 99 Cobra w/brand C motor...

Last edited by serpentnoir; 10-11-2005 at 12:33 PM.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-11-2005, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, the Great Lakes Region of rthe SVTOA is not shown in the NAtional SVTOA site. I was hoping to cover all of the SVTOA events under one name, but that won't wok. I actually just added the Great Lakes Region to the list of clubs and I was going to add the events today, or tomorrow. You caught me between updates. It'll take me a while to fine tune this process, but since i just started this thing, no one is sending me dates, i have to go out and hunt them down. Hopefully, once I get all of the groups in I can email them in a month or so and ask them to send me their 2006 dates. That will improve the listings. Sorry for the delay, i will get those SVTOA GLR dates in right away.

EDIT: All of the SVTOA GLR events have passed. The last one listed (in this forum and otheres) is August. I will be sure that the 2006 events are in.
SAAC events are now listed

Last edited by OutaFocus; 10-11-2005 at 01:56 PM.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-12-2005, 08:04 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutaFocus
You scared me! I thoughtI missed a group. They're there though. On the search page, select the drop down box next to org. and select CarGuys. I show the next events as:

2005-10-15 Virginia Intl Raceway VA Track Day CarGuys
2005-11-11 Shannonville Motorsports Park CANADA Track Day CarGuys
2005-12-05 Virginia Intl Raceway VA Track Day CarGuys
Hmm...they didn't seem to show up on the search I did before. My bad.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-12-2005, 12:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
There is an annual event held by http://www.bayshorecorvair.org/drivepocono.html at Pocono on the first Saturday in September (whatever that 3 day weekend is).

Don't know if you're ready for 2006 stuff yet though.

XBL - ReefBlue

Built on 8-18-1993 exterior-PD, interior-D6. 1 of 1,316.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement