Torsen T2R anyone running this? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-01-2005, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Exclamation Torsen T2R anyone running this?

How much power and torque is this unit able to hold reliably. I plan on make about 600+hp to the wheels and the I really don't know how much torque. I have also been looking at detroit locker?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-01-2005, 01:55 PM

T2R or a locker??? hmmm quite different one from the other .. what do you want to do with the car? tires?

Hector
2000 Mustang GT
post #3 of 13 Old 09-01-2005, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

it will be a street car but I plan on going high speeds..aka supra killer..but I want it to handle the power and not break..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 09-02-2005, 09:22 AM

They tend to explode with constant drag launches. If all your looking for is drag applications and want to stay the same type of diff go with a True Trac
post #5 of 13 Old 09-02-2005, 01:51 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan85
They tend to explode with constant drag launches. If all your looking for is drag applications and want to stay the same type of diff go with a True Trac
I concur. For the street I would not use a T2R.

All bleeding stops eventually.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-02-2005, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

I don't want a tru trac I know ppl that have had them and don't work! I am not drag racing..I hate drag racing I want it for handling and cornering, and maybe really high speeds..

what about a detroit locker..anyone had any luck..and I don't mind a little harshness or road noise(I'm not a little girl..lol)
post #7 of 13 Old 09-02-2005, 02:46 PM

T2R does not like shock loads that you see in drag racing. However, as long as you stay away from slicks it is not generally an issue. Its strength is it ability to bias up to a 4:1 differentail in wheel torque and is appreciated on a road course. For AX I have noted some push but still like it. Wet surfaces are much easier to cope with.

92 LX, Vortech S-trim, decent brakes, griggs & MM stuff
post #8 of 13 Old 09-02-2005, 06:25 PM

I have the T2. It's great on the street and ok on the track. I get some inside wheelspin. I don't see why you can't use it with normal size street tires for drag racing.

As for the tru Trac, during my reasearch for the diffy, it looksed like trutrac revised their design a while ago. THey are now a bit stronger.

e90 328i
post #9 of 13 Old 09-05-2005, 08:55 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
if your gonna go ricer huntin... stay away from the Torsens... you'll just end up causing yourself $$$ headaches

on a side note... Keep it off the streets. Plenty of us have a hard time as it is driving our cars quietly on public roads without drawing John Q. Law's attention. When i read a post like yours that just screams "i wanna speed and break the law" it makes me think that yet another "stanger" is out there that'll make it harder for me to enjoy my hobby.

Have fun and be safe

1993 Mustang GT
Maximum Motorsports, Brembo, Recaro, Etc.
post #10 of 13 Old 09-06-2005, 12:35 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
i have the tr2 in my 04 cobra ... works great at open track events/ street ... works great at the drags also but i do not run with slicks, have heard that they cannot handle high shock loads .... i have had the locker in another vehicle .... works great at open track and the drags and noisy on the street.... now here is the difference, sharp slow speed turns the locker will chirp the tires and you will need to give it more gas to overcome one tire chirping .... open track if you let off and get on the gas or shift gears(locker)in a turn it could break the rear loose or at least it feels that way since the rear does move quite abit, and scares the hell out of you ... so as long as you do not shift in the turns or if you do you need to match the engine rpms with the speed of the vehicle ... in the rain the tr2 acts just like an open dif around turns .... the tr2 also eliminated most or my wheelhop in the dry and wet ...

post #11 of 13 Old 09-06-2005, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Keep it off the streets? Why have a mustang period? I guess you enjoy getting shown up by Supra's and little ricers...but hey maybe your right on the T2R cause I don't want to draw any attention but I do want differential that can handle the power I through at it and not blow up..
post #12 of 13 Old 09-06-2005, 10:12 AM

Trader Feedback: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94_gt
Keep it off the streets? Why have a mustang period? I guess you enjoy getting shown up by Supra's and little ricers...
Guys like you put our hobby in danger of being outlawed.

particularly non-stock 99 Cobra w/brand C motor...
post #13 of 13 Old 09-06-2005, 12:00 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94_gt
Keep it off the streets? Why have a mustang period? I guess you enjoy getting shown up by Supra's and little ricers...but hey maybe your right on the T2R cause I don't want to draw any attention but I do want differential that can handle the power I through at it and not blow up..
Wrong forum, wrong site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread