NEWBIE LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS ON HANDLING MODS - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-31-2005, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question NEWBIE LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS ON HANDLING MODS

1993 Mustang GT
Wondering what you guys recommed to make the GT handle better on the streets. Not looking to autoxross but would like to carve corners on the odd long trip.
Already has subframe connectors. thnx in advance for the suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-31-2005, 05:47 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
You could start with the FAQ's. Then you could tell us more about the car, its condition, its modifications, your driving experience, your budget, your ability to either handle installs yourself or pay to have it done, etc.

post #3 of 5 Old 08-31-2005, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

car is SC'd to 8-9psi with ported heads with a ton of power. I'm not racing this thing just wanna be able to feel the car handle.
Car has sub frame connectors, adj struts / shock and HPM upper / lower control arms. I didn't go to FAQ as thought it was rules posting. thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-31-2005, 10:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Springs, then a good alignment.

All bleeding stops eventually.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-12-2005, 06:37 PM

Thumbs up Getting Handled

From my reading, phone calls and weeding thru the BS hype (and we will shortly see from my install choices)...The rear is the biggest factor in the way these pigs handle. You'll see a lot of coil overs and control arm crud flying around on the internet but according to griggs, KB and MM if you solve the rear weight transfer, binding and moment issues you are 80% there. Some good (i do mean good) camber caster plates and a Tower brace that is well thought out, gets you another 10% and the rest is little bits here and there to improve feel or feedback etc...We'll see soon how well i was able to interpret the mass of info i gleaned from here, stangnet, manufacturers and the FFR forums.

89 EX-AOD Notch

Installed-SSBC Rear Discs, MM T-Arm/Panhard/Full Sub's/LCA's/H&R W/Bilstein Coils FR & Rear,3.55's,AFR 165/58's,F303,Crane Rockers,BBK LT's, GT-40 In,Pypes X,70MM Pro-M, 70bbk TB,E-Fan,DC Fan Cont,MAC CAI,Alum RAD,MM STB,UPR Shift,HD T5,MM CC plates,MM KMem,MM Tube CA's,Hose Wizard Air, PA 200 Alt & Start,BBK Tall Valve Covers,Detroit Cobra-R 17X9's W/T1R's,Corbeau TRS,Simpson 4 Pts,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement