Convertible Roll Bar. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-26-2005, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Convertible Roll Bar.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for the least invasive roll bar or one that is easily removable for times when the backseats are being used. It's important that it's legal for the track.
Thanks,
FS

2002 white/tan vert GT
Densecharger CAI, Lightning 90mm MAM, Accufab 75mm TB, Saleen Series IV SC, Bassani CB Exhaust/Xpipe, 42# injectors, MM lower Control Arms, Kenny Brown Subframe connectors, NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .035, bilstein shocks/struts, Aviator pump.
Car now has a steeda front splitter and stalker side skirts to it's a b***h to get under.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-26-2005, 12:45 PM

www.ioportracing.com

Autopower race roll bar with bolt in harness and diagonal bar.

post #3 of 6 Old 08-26-2005, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

That one looks pretty good. Think it would be possible to to weld studs in for mounting so all I have to do is throw a few quick bolts to put the main bar in the car? I definltly like the removable harness/diagonal bar option. I really do use the back seat quite a bit so I need to be able to get the bar in just before heading to the track, and get it out when I'm done. This might be the solution.

2002 white/tan vert GT
Densecharger CAI, Lightning 90mm MAM, Accufab 75mm TB, Saleen Series IV SC, Bassani CB Exhaust/Xpipe, 42# injectors, MM lower Control Arms, Kenny Brown Subframe connectors, NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .035, bilstein shocks/struts, Aviator pump.
Car now has a steeda front splitter and stalker side skirts to it's a b***h to get under.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-26-2005, 01:33 PM

With the diag/harnes bars removed, there really is no need to remove the "main hoop". I mean, unless you're gonna try and squeeze 3 or 4 fat chicks back there.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-26-2005, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

It's always a compromise when your motorsports car is also your everything-else-car. The Roll bar is basically for motorsports. For me, the best compromise would be a roll bar that I can remove completely when I don't need it and replace it with the light bar and tonneau for cruising around or nothing at all for nights out with friends.

2002 white/tan vert GT
post #6 of 6 Old 08-26-2005, 03:22 PM

with no diag bar or harness bar.........it's no more obtrusive than your light bar. As for the "welding studs in" idea.......it'd be just as easy to nut/bolt the thing as it would like you're talking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement