ready to get brake conversion... baer or FMS and where to buy? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 08-21-2005, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (5)
ready to get brake conversion... baer or FMS and where to buy?

I was sold on gettin the M-2300-K kit but recently hear that the Baer kit is more of a straight forward bolt on kit... what should I do?! the price seems close enough to not matter but what do you fellow track junkies suggest from experience? I'd be using SN95 spindles either way.

Also, where do you guys recommend i go to purchase either kit? Looking for a place with good customer service and that know what they're talking about (competetiveness in price would be nice too).

-Dimitri

1993 Mustang GT
Maximum Motorsports, Brembo, Recaro, Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-21-2005, 11:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I have the Brembo Kit and am happy with it. Only took 30 minutes to install, and I'm no mechanic. Very simple bolt on to my 01 Cobra

I had the Cobra PBR's on my 01' Cobra prior to changing. The real difference I feel is in fad resistance. With a good pad (Cobalt Spec VR, etc.), they will "feel" the same IMO, but I cannot overheat the Brem's. They feel the same to me lap after lap.

my .02

Craig

2001 White Cobra Coupe
Modular Performance 5.0 Big bore
FR500 Valvetrain and Intake
Maximum Motorsports equipped from front to back.
Banana Motorsports 4 Pt Cage
Banana Motorsports Subframes
post #3 of 16 Old 08-21-2005, 11:48 PM

By the way, I got mine from Brothers performance.

2001 White Cobra Coupe
Modular Performance 5.0 Big bore
FR500 Valvetrain and Intake
Maximum Motorsports equipped from front to back.
Banana Motorsports 4 Pt Cage
Banana Motorsports Subframes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 10:12 AM

I bought my Baer kit from Mark Wilson at http://www.on-trackperformance.com/.

Jim -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SVT Cobra Registries -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 10:59 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Keep in mind the M2300K kit includes rear axles and whatnot where the Baer kit probably doesn't. I have the 00R's up front and a Baer kit in the back. I was really impressed with the quality of the Baer kit (both kits really). Rear rotors are going to be a lot easier to come by for the M2300K kit, if that makes a difference. Lastly, I'm assuming you're already 5-lug or will be converting...

David

'87 GT Griggs front, EVM 3-link, Brembo/Baer, GT40 heads and intake, panhard, coilovers, Kirk Racing Roll Bar
post #6 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 11:19 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
The Baer "M2300K Killer" DOES include rear axles...it has to, because it uses Corvette rotors and a non-offset caliper bracket, and stock Ford axles won't work. It does not include front spindles but it does include everything else required to install it on the car except fluid.
post #7 of 16 Old 08-22-2005, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

i'm looking to convert to 5 lug...

I talked with the ford dealer today and they told me that M2300K isn't available till late september... i'll call mark tomorrow and see what he says...

1993 Mustang GT
post #8 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 01:55 AM

Go ahead and get the Baer kit from Mark W. On your fox, you'll have to deal with offset issues with the 2300K. It makes running those 275's all around more difficult in my experience.

88 LX - one owner, needs two
00 Cobra R
post #9 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 12:37 PM

You might check with Brad's Custom Auto for Baer as well.
I have the BAER kit on my car. The install is quicker. You don't have to mess with the booster, just swap the master cyl. The Fox length axles are a nice feature as well.
www.bradscustomauto.com

1989 LX
assorted Maximum Motorsports parts
BAER brakes

OMP, Racetech, Safecraft, Amsoil, Zamp helmets,
Bell/Pyrotect, FinishLine, Crow, Autopower & Pro Challenge Race Cars

post #10 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 03:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNMAN
You might check with Brad's Custom Auto for Baer as well.
I have the BAER kit on my car. The install is quicker. You don't have to mess with the booster, just swap the master cyl. The Fox length axles are a nice feature as well.
www.bradscustomauto.com
OMG, isn't there rules about shamelessly plugging a retailer on the Corral!!
Anything you can do to avoid a booster swap is time well spent. I've heard of people taking days to get a Cobra BB installed in a Fox. I too have the Baer kit and it is easily one of the best mods on the car.

91 notch, 3000#, Astro T-5, Dart 10.5:1 331, RPM2, AFR 185, custom cam, Max Motorsports, StopTech
post #11 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redb*tch
OMG, isn't there rules about shamelessly plugging a retailer on the Corral!!
How is that a shameless plug. Its not uncommon for people on these forums to refer each other to a retailer they like. There was three different people making suggestions on possible places to buy. Often people will start a thread asking were the best place to buy is.

1989 LX
BAER brakes

Last edited by MTNMAN; 08-23-2005 at 03:41 PM.
post #12 of 16 Old 08-23-2005, 04:02 PM

Trader Feedback: (20)
Piece the thing together!

http://www.mustangmotorsport.com/sn95conversion.html

Stangless
post #13 of 16 Old 08-24-2005, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoace
Go ahead and get the Baer kit from Mark W. On your fox, you'll have to deal with offset issues with the 2300K. It makes running those 275's all around more difficult in my experience.
SOLD! you just answered the question i logged on to post... if i can use the Baer Kit and bolt on a set of 17x9s with no additional mods needed, then Mark's got my business for sure

i'll need 94-95 spindles correct?

1993 Mustang GT
post #14 of 16 Old 08-24-2005, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prez1967
i'll need 94-95 spindles correct?
Correct. FYI, I have the Baer Track kit, 95 spindles, 10th Ann. wheels with 275's, lowered 2" up front (Steeda Sport Springs ), and I have major fender rubbing issues up front. So just make sure you’re not too low up front, 1.5" is more than enough.

Jim -

SVT Cobra Registries -

post #15 of 16 Old 08-24-2005, 12:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJr
Correct. FYI, I have the Baer Track kit, 95 spindles, 10th Ann. wheels with 275's, lowered 2" up front (Steeda Sport Springs ), and I have major fender rubbing issues up front. So just make sure you’re not too low up front, 1.5" is more than enough.
I have the same setup except 255s AVS 100s and coilovers. My car sits very low, 2" or more and I only have a slight rubbing problem on the fender.

Rick

93 Calypso Green LX
5 lug swap with 13" Baers and 10th Ann. Cobras, 96+ spindles and 11.65" Cobra brakes with stock Fox Axles
Front Coilovers and rear MM adjustables
Built 306 - AFR, FTI Cam, RPMII, ect.
post #16 of 16 Old 08-24-2005, 12:43 PM

It will fit. Most likely you will need to roll the fenders, and depending on if you have a GT or not, clearance some other stuff.
Heres some pictures of a car we just did the same thing to.

1989 LX
BAER brakes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement