Help, where did my negative camber go? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-21-2005, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Help, where did my negative camber go?

Came home from a rather disappointing day at the local auto-x. After throwing more money then sense and hours, weeks, and months of hard work... well, enough whining, on to my question.

One of my problems (other then mental) is the lack of camber. My 90 Mustang typically had -2 degrees of negative camber with the current SVO Caster/Camber plates. Upon switching to a coilover setup and installing a 94 Spindle and spiffy new wheels and tires, I now find that I am maxed out at 1.25 degrees of negative camber. It's not that the coilovers are hitting, although IF I do add more negative camber, I will have to install more spacers and lose travel, but the plates are out of adjustment... or as far IN as they will go.

Minus 1.25 is not enough for an auto-x car or a track car and I need more. What are some acceptable methods for increasing camber? I don't want to go cutting on the top of the strut tower if that's not been proven before.

Thanks,

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-21-2005, 10:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
Camber bolts or SN95 control arms would be a fairly easy solution.

1993 5.0
post #3 of 4 Old 08-21-2005, 11:29 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Its the spindles,,, 94/95 spindles will do that. 96 and later won't. I have long since lost the links to back this up, but, I went through the same thing.
Soutions are, crash bolts, global west road racing cc plates (They are way offset for more camber). Sn95 control arms will help also but, can result in tire/fender issues due to the increased track width.
If your using your stock k member, you need to stay with the 94/95 spindles to help correct bumpsteer. If, your using MM k member, or, have raised the a arm piviot points on your stock k member, then the 96 and later spindles are the ticket for correcting bump steer.

Micha
Solo Director, Utah Region SCCA
87 LX coupe, C Prepared
Evolution Drivers School, Phase 1&2 and Challenge School I suck less now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-22-2005, 07:29 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Yeah, what Craig and Micha said, although I think the camber bolts may not be enough.

Nice avatar there Craig, although I think you will like the pictures from yesterday even better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement