Looking into TA/PHB purchase, are my subframe connectors up to the task? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-03-2005, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Looking into TA/PHB purchase, are my subframe connectors up to the task?

I'm looking into purchasing the MM rear Torque Arm package, and on their website it specifically states that if you have Kenny Brown subframe connectors that they may not be good enough. I "believe" they are just referring to their bolt on connectors though.

I had the KB Super Subs put on back on 97 and they are still on my car...a little surfacr rust but they are still doing fine.

Does anyone know if these will be up for the Torque Arm setup? I don't want to torch them off and put new ones on unless I have to....but if it needs to be done I will.

Mark Sperandio
Slow 1993LX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-03-2005, 11:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
IIRC, MM makes a reinforcement kit for the KB sfc's. Ask 'em.

I had the KB's and ground them off and replaced them with the Ford TSB ones to be ESP legal. MM told me the TSB's would handle the torque arm and some 30+ auto-crosses later, it looks like they are right.

I can tell you the TSB sfc's are far flimsier than the KB's. They are thinner metal and have several cut outs for bolting them the the underbody. I crushed the end of one of the TSB sfc's when I tried to jack up the car on one side. Don't try this at home kids.

Short version, assuming you don't have 1000 rwhp and 14" wide slicks, you should be fine.

Bob F.
Mustang - The Great American Kit Car
#50 ESP/SM2 (backup) - Cal Club
Porsche - The Great German Kit Car - #50 SM2 Cal Club - #84 JP PCA
post #3 of 4 Old 08-04-2005, 09:55 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I ran the KB subframes with (my home-built) T-arm for a few years like that. Subframes held fine, and I was running 330rwph. Later I got to 440rwhp, and went to Phase-II...

Later, I did the 2x2" thru-the-floor subframes, and built another twin-beam (super-duty) T-arm for the now 500rwhp.

[Website down 08/11/2005 9:52am, but photos are on my site]

Darius Rudis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1989 Mustang S-trim Roadracer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-04-2005, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Thanks for the replies! I'm only going to be pushing about 300 to the wheels, so I'm just going to stick with the KB's since they still appear fine. Just wanted to see that others have used them without problems.

Mark Sperandio
Slow 1993LX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement