Southeast Divisionals, RESULTS: - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 07-31-2005, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Southeast Divisionals, RESULTS:

http://www.trscca.com/trscca/results/073005_fin.htm

G-damn Mini-Cooper............had him till he pulled that run out of his ass on his last run.

It was nice having the competion though. I really do need a stiffer suspension setup though.......had the thing rockin' back/forth/side/side.

Still, 35th out of 121, I was feelin' alright.
http://www.trscca.com/trscca/results/073005_raw.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-01-2005, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

just a few pictures:

http://www.etrscca.org/gallery/TRSCC...nal_7-30-2005/

post #3 of 20 Old 08-01-2005, 08:25 PM

i'd say second in SM is a heck of a job for a mustang! way to go

and those damn subarus in ESP, running over 4 seconds (total) better than the best SM time ... one more argument why they shouldn't be in there with the heavy pony cars!

http://home.comcast.net/~markhohmeister
1993 ex-Florida Highway Patrol. Black. A few mods.
Dixie Region, Solo II daily driver since 2001.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 08-01-2005, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the compliment, I feel pretty good myself. I left thinking I did the best I could, and feel the car performed the best it could as well. I really wish the course woulda' been setup a lil' more "bigger car friendly", or maybe just a lil' less "Miata/Civic/Mini" friendly.

I did get my car weighed. 1/4 tank of gas and me not in the car, was like 3304lbs.

That ESP STi is probably the most underclassed car in SCCA today. It has 18x10's under it, with 285's on all four corners, and the fenders have been cut and "bars" are in place bowing the fenders out even further. The car really didn't LOOK that fast out there, most likely because it would get up to speed and just STAY THERE!

I at least got a plaque with my name on it for my troubles.

I had numerous people tell me I need to up the spring rate on the car because it was just swaying all over the place. I'm gonna try and go HD Bilsteins and H&R Race springs.......just trash my coilover dreams, and go poor guys way out.

Got to see Karen Kraus and her friend/boyfriend run their FStock Z28.........they can drive!
post #5 of 20 Old 08-01-2005, 09:35 PM

When I was working course, the car looked like it was putting down power infinitely better than last year. Coming out of the "infield" and turning hard right to enter the perma-slalom, the car was all over the place, but the inside rear stayed planted. Last year, the inside rear would look like a damn basketball.

On of these days, I hope to go to a "travel" event and not run in the last group.

Last edited by sjrife1; 08-01-2005 at 09:40 PM.
post #6 of 20 Old 08-01-2005, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjrife1
When I was working course, the car looked like it was putting down power infinitely better than last year. Coming out of the "infield" and turning hard right to enter the perma-slalom, the car was all over the place, but the inside rear stayed planted. Last year, the inside rear would look like a damn basketball.
That first run on the 2nd day was just a showcase of Hollywood stunt-driving........don't know why it was soo tail happy/traction-less.
post #7 of 20 Old 08-01-2005, 10:30 PM

I wasn't talking about car positioning on that run, I was talking about body roll, etc on all three runs. It looked like something was working on the car.
post #8 of 20 Old 08-01-2005, 11:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2GT
Got to see Karen Kraus and her friend/boyfriend run their FStock Z28.........they can drive!
He's just a friend. Her boyfriend won FS in NEDIV in her other Z28.
Northeast Divisional Results

BTW, SM was about 6 seconds faster than ESP in NEDIV.

Justin

Last edited by Fast92Coupe; 08-01-2005 at 11:44 PM.
post #9 of 20 Old 08-02-2005, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast92Coupe

Justin
I'd like to point out that no car in SM was anywhere NEAR "prepped" for the class. Hell, our fastest SM time was beaten by a CS Miata I do believe.
post #10 of 20 Old 08-02-2005, 11:37 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
GREAT JOB MAN! Second is awesome for a Mustang in SM at a divisional I'd say.

What kind of shocks and rear control arms do you have on your car now? The way the rear end is up in the air on that hard turn photo it looks like you must have some spherical ends on your rear control arms and or not much rebound on the shocks. I guess the upside of that is your rear tires are still firmly planted on the surface. If you stiffen it, it will get looser and may loose traction in the rear but it does look like it could stand to be a little more level.

99 Mustang GT - Auto-x/track car, 96 Townsend Chassis Late Model Stockcar (sold), 03 F150 - Daily Driver
http://www.youtube.com/user/sandyman099/videos
post #11 of 20 Old 08-02-2005, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

It has the stock GT shock/struts, with Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Stock upper arms, and MM LCA's w/PHB.
post #12 of 20 Old 08-02-2005, 12:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Quote:
It has the stock GT shock/struts, with Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Stock upper arms, and MM LCA's w/PHB.
An MM torque arm will stop all that jacking nonsense....but then again it will make you illegal for SM.
post #13 of 20 Old 08-02-2005, 03:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Does anyone have any data regarding the Griggs unit with the thru-the-floorpan mount, i.e. strength of the mount? That should be legal for SM, shouldn't it?
post #14 of 20 Old 08-02-2005, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huesmann
Does anyone have any data regarding the Griggs unit with the thru-the-floorpan mount, i.e. strength of the mount? That should be legal for SM, shouldn't it?
No data, but yes, it would be SM legal since it would not have any lateral components attaching the two longitudinal frame rails. You may want to try a search on corner carvers for data, as I believe the Griggs floor pan mounting system has been discussed there.

Another thought, I don't have any performance data on how it would compare to a TA, but the Evolution Motorsports Tri-Link would meet the requirements for SM and probably greatly improve the rear grip.
post #15 of 20 Old 08-03-2005, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast92Coupe
He's just a friend. Her boyfriend won FS in NEDIV in her other Z28.
Northeast Divisional Results

Justin
Where is the Bud dress?

95 Black GT
Rain-X Windows

02 Cadillac Hearse
Chrome Wheels
post #16 of 20 Old 08-03-2005, 08:34 PM

Probably still in her closet, unless some guy borrowed it and kept it. Lots of F-stock guys have worn it. But not me, and that ain't happenin.
post #17 of 20 Old 08-04-2005, 08:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
I'd like to point out that no car in SM was anywhere NEAR "prepped" for the class. Hell, our fastest SM time was beaten by a CS Miata I do believe.
The last time I ran over in Jacksonville I finished 3rd out of a dozen SM cars. Funny thing was a V6 GS Mustang had a fast enough time to take 2nd in SM. The guy was an awesome driver but if that car was stock I'd eat the springs off it. LOL It sat a good inch lower than my lowered GT and handled like it was on rails.

99 Mustang GT - Auto-x/track car, 96 Townsend Chassis Late Model Stockcar (sold), 03 F150 - Daily Driver
http://www.youtube.com/user/sandyman099/videos
post #18 of 20 Old 08-04-2005, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn
Another thought, I don't have any performance data on how it would compare to a TA, but the Evolution Motorsports Tri-Link would meet the requirements for SM and probably greatly improve the rear grip.
I've been looking for feedback on that piece. Everyone seemed so excited about it when it was still in prototype, now i hardly hear a peep. Know of anyone that is using it?

-- Kyle
'92 LX Convertible (now a Lemons race car)
'90 LX Coupe (HPDE track car)
'94 Cobra (stock)
post #19 of 20 Old 08-06-2005, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo
The last time I ran over in Jacksonville I finished 3rd out of a dozen SM cars. Funny thing was a V6 GS Mustang had a fast enough time to take 2nd in SM. The guy was an awesome driver but if that car was stock I'd eat the springs off it. LOL It sat a good inch lower than my lowered GT and handled like it was on rails.
Was that car by any chance white and running on Hoosiers? If so I saw the same one a couple weeks ago at a Buccaneer Region event in St. Augustine. He was running GS there too and the car was obviously lowered.

I could probably fake my way into SM since my car looks pretty much stock, has an interior and is completely street legal. I just don't want to ever be accused of "cheating" or stretching the rules. My K-member and TA mounting pretty much preclude me from being SM legal.
post #20 of 20 Old 08-06-2005, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Maybe he just HEATED the springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement