Anyone go to Gratten, MI?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 07-28-2005, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Anyone go to Gratten, MI??

I have been to Gratten 3 times with a Euro club and it totaly sucked and was a complete waste of money so I was looking to see if any Mustang groups ran their. Give me a shout. Thanks.

03 GT (SOLD!)
05 SILVER GTO

--GAMBLING MAKES A GOOD THING BETTER-- Homer Simpson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-28-2005, 09:53 AM

Trader Feedback: (15)
what "sucked" about it?

particularly non-stock 99 Cobra w/brand C motor...
post #3 of 16 Old 07-28-2005, 10:44 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
?? Great track, incredible facility, what was the problem?

#26 ITE
2005 KCR SCCA ROTY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-28-2005, 01:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Maybe it was the Eurotrash.
post #5 of 16 Old 07-28-2005, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Love the track! That's why I want to go with a different group.

Hate the Euros! To say it has been far below par dealing with that group is an understatement. I think it is the Chicago Lotus club. They are super slow getting groups out. The last time I went I was only able to get out 2 times!! Waste of money.

Get this: The new Lotus' came out so they moved everyone to the other end of the parking lot 40+ cars so 6 of the new Lotus' could be all by themselves at the other end so they could be part of a picture shoot for a comercial. Cars were so packed in it was door to door. Than the 6 Lotus' got to go out all by themsevles so they could get more footage while everyone else is sitting on their ass. I did not spend my money so you dumb asses could shoot a comercial!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Such a huge waste of time and money. Rant off.

03 GT (SOLD!)
05 SILVER GTO

post #6 of 16 Old 07-28-2005, 04:08 PM

track time

Doesn't Gingerman have an open track night every week? Might be a better way to get your track fix in. Thats too bad about the lotus bunch, make sure you let them know how you felt about it!

#26 ITE
2005 KCR SCCA ROTY
post #7 of 16 Old 07-28-2005, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennGT
Doesn't Gingerman have an open track night every week? Might be a better way to get your track fix in.
Judging from when I was there last weekend, the open track night seems to be Friday. All kinds of cars from all makes. No nonsense, well organized. One of the guys had a Z06 and he was extremely fast. His late braking adventures were fun to watch at turn 1.

post #8 of 16 Old 07-28-2005, 04:50 PM

?

Completely off topic and I apologize in advance for the hijack. Do any of you have on track videos of gingerman? I'll be trailering a long ways to the track in Sep for the labor day race and would like to drive it in my mind a few times before the real thing. Thanks!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

#26 ITE
2005 KCR SCCA ROTY
post #9 of 16 Old 07-28-2005, 09:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I've been to Grattan once for a two day thingy and I'll be going back in October. I like the track . . . it's pretty challenging and has some fun elevation changes. My october session is a private rental, but if I hear of any open track days, I'll post 'em up.

Gingerman is now under new management and they are significantly increasing the availability of cheap track time. Call JR and ask him when they are having open track or test and tune sessions . . . sometimes they run 12 hour open Fridays for a lot less money than you'd believe.

2005 GT Open Track Car - Steeda suspension and Stoptech's
1998 GT Open Track Car - Steeda 5-link and Brembo's
1999 Silverado - Tow Vehicle
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe - Big, Black 19" Wheels
post #10 of 16 Old 07-29-2005, 02:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentnoir
Judging from when I was there last weekend, the open track night seems to be Friday. All kinds of cars from all makes. No nonsense, well organized. One of the guys had a Z06 and he was extremely fast. His late braking adventures were fun to watch at turn 1.
for sure. the Z06 was fast... and a very good driver

H/C/KB 01 Cobra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 16 Old 07-31-2005, 05:57 PM

Grattan has in the past run open track on some Fridays but your should call for dates and time. I like the track as well. More interesting then Gingerman but you have to hold back a bit in the tight sections or you'll overheat your tires. Much more fun in a "good " handling small car then a Mustang but still fun to drive.

"Drag racing is for those people who don't know how to down shift and brake at the same time. "
DD '12 VW Jetta TDI, Race car '87 ITA 16V Scriocco
Cars owned: '86 Mustang GT, '92 Mustang LX, '93 Mustang Cobra "R" #58
post #12 of 16 Old 08-01-2005, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Jim! I'll check on that.

You should wait to see the new Z06. Holy **** it is a total monster! Almost brings a tear to my eye. Good read: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...ls7/index.html

03 GT (SOLD!)
05 SILVER GTO

post #13 of 16 Old 08-01-2005, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman5555
Thanks Jim! I'll check on that.

You should wait to see the new Z06. Holy **** it is a total monster! Almost brings a tear to my eye. Good read: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...ls7/index.html
Cars like the new Z06 make me wonder why anyone would spend 150g on a 360 Modena or a 911 GT2. Even the previous Z06 was a very capable car. I just don't get it.

post #14 of 16 Old 08-01-2005, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

I'm a huge Vette fan (not more than Mustang of corse!) and I love the C5 and C6 Z06. The 05 Z06 is a super car at a bargin price. Sub 70k. 0-60 in high 3's WTF!! How can you beat that? Makes me ichy to see what the new Cobra....err GT500 can do.

03 GT (SOLD!)
05 SILVER GTO

post #15 of 16 Old 08-02-2005, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman5555
I have been to Gratten 3 times with a Euro club and it totaly sucked and was a complete waste of money so I was looking to see if any Mustang groups ran their. Give me a shout. Thanks.
Sucked??? Never ran my mustang there but raced several times there at W.E.R.A events. I think the track and facility are great....good spectator track too as you can nearly see all turns...and what a straightaway. I know that roadracing a motorcycle is quite different from you autocrossers but I can't see how you thought that track sucked.

327 sportsman block, Eagle forged crank, h-beam rods,J&E 9:1 forged pistons, AFR 185's, 1.6 rollers, X-303, Holley systemax, Holley 70mm spacer and T-Body, Canton pan, Ford ceramic shorties, MSD 55lbs injectors,Aeromotive Comp kit w/sumped tank,MSD billet distributor,Anderson PMS and Powerpipe,83mm Pro-M,Crane Hi-6,Paxton Novi 2000(standard pulley),
TKO II, aluminum driveshaft, D&D K-member,A-arms,coilover, flaming river manual rack, Baer track-kit,FRPP tubular LCA's, FRPP HD Uppers
post #16 of 16 Old 08-02-2005, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

I like the track!!!! That's why I want to go with a diff group cause the group I went with sucked not the track. I have been their a few times and the mustangs, including mine, do pretty good and the HUGE straightaway is great. 130mph! How can you beat that?

03 GT (SOLD!)
05 SILVER GTO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement