H&R spring Ques - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-25-2005, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (9)
H&R spring Ques

Did a search, didn't find exactly what I want. I am thinking about getting some H&R sport springs and I have some questions. They will be going in my 1995 GT which has h/i, gears, full exhaust, etc. The suspension is completely stock. I will be putting tokico illuminas on all four corners with MM c/c plates all at once with the springs. It is a daily driver, which sees some canyons, maybe a few autocross tracks every once in a great while. My Ques. is...
1. Your impressions of them.
2. The websites says they lower the car about 1.5". Will this throw off the suspension geometry or is it the right amount of drop?
3. How well will they work with the illumina's?
4. Is there another spring that would be better?
Thank you for your time.

Mach I: Stock
95 Mustang GT; Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 02:55 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I have the Race springs up front and Torque Arm springs (390-430) in the rear. I really like them, they work well with the Bilsteins. Didn't lower my car very much. Looks good

1993 GT 310rwhp / 351rwtq
AFR FTI EDEL Combo. MM, T-56 3.73, Brembo, 275s on 03 Cobras all around
post #3 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 08:31 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
I would add the Steeda X-2 ball joint kit to your list of parts. It will raise the front RCH and reduce the excessive body roll you will get from the soft lowering springs that actually lower the front RCH.

If you really want to improve the handling significantly go with the Bilsteins and the H&R Race springs instead. Add the MM PHB to it and you will have a car that is fun to drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Could you explain what RCH is. Also, are the bilstiens that much better of a shock/strut than the tokico 5-ways? Finally, do you have a part number on the bilstiens?

95 Mustang GT; Sold.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 01:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Roll Center Height?
post #6 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 01:40 PM

I have the H&R sport springs (and can provide pictures if you need) with basically the same shock/strut combo of KYB AGX's (Tokico rip-off brand).

I had the same intentions with buying these springs but at some times wish that I had chosen a less milder spring, something along the race or super sport line. Around town driving they are terrific and the car feels alot "more together". However, within 1,000 miles of having the springs I had two ball-joints go bad and wore out my front tires un-evenly; With that being said I should have bought a set of caster/camber plates to go along with those. Those problems don't change my view on the Sport springs at all, they're wonderful; Just simple problems that ironically ran parallel with the installation of lowering springs and higher mileage.

96 GT / 4R70W to 3650 swap, some metal tubing, Recaro'd, and slightly Griggs'd.
Thanks to my sponsor Performance Autosport!
post #7 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Where I work, I deal with Tokico and can get the 5-way shocks and struts for all four corners for $370.00. I also deal with Bilstien but I think the price would still be significantly higher.

95 Mustang GT; Sold.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse5.0
Where I work, I deal with Tokico and can get the 5-way shocks and struts for all four corners for $370.00. I also deal with Bilstien but I think the price would still be significantly higher.
That's because you get what you pay for. Tokico's are better than stock or KYB, but they can't match the performance of a Bilstein, adjustable or not. You go ahead and get what you are comfortable getting, I'm just giving you my experienced opinion. I don't have the part numbers memorized, but if you decide you want something better than Tokico, then you can look up the part numbers for your application with a Google search for Bilstein.

Last edited by Glenn; 07-26-2005 at 05:57 PM.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-06-2005, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Do you guys run the Bilstein HD shocks or the Race valved ones from MM?

95 Mustang GT; Sold.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-07-2005, 05:46 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
i run H&R super sports w/ tokico blues and its a lot better than i expected. really reduced the body roll and keeps me planted. now i need a rear sway bar.

post #11 of 11 Old 08-07-2005, 06:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I have the H&R Super Sport springs and...

the Tokico adjustables. For the street it is very good. I tested it out on angeles crest this past Sat and the combo worked very well. I also have a MM PHB, MM CC plates and some other suspension mods. Got my new tires this past Wednesday, working great now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement