Brake pad advice - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mustang415
  • 2 Post By MFE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-13-2018, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Brake pad advice

Hey guys, trying to figure out which direction to go next. Carbotech pads aren't working out for me, so I'm going back to semimetallic. I've used Performance Friction Compound 01 last time around with great success, so I'm looking for something that's similar to that pad in terms of performance and rotor life. The setup is 94 Mustang with 2000 Cobra R Brembo front and stock GT rear, looking for recommendations for both front and rear, or I guess in this case rear would just have to be a bit less aggressive than front pad.

94 Mustang GT. Stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-13-2018, 09:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
I had nothing but issues with rotor life using Carbotech pads. That was using a pad they referred to as their “endurance racing” pad. I switched to Raybestos ST-47 pads in front. That improved rotor life and pad life remained relatively the same. FYI, the car also has 3” ducts with fans.

I for the life of me cannot remember if that is what is in the rear or not. I just don’t change them often enough to remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChristophrC likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-14-2018, 08:32 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I use the ST47s on both ends.

2003 mach1 with MM R&T box with TA, 2000 R brakes and lots of other bits and pieces here and there.
2012 MT Brembo GT
HPDE Instructor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-17-2018, 11:38 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I'm running StopTech pads in my SN95 GT brakes. Very happy with them so far.

They work fine for street duty, but they're awesome once they're warmed up. No fade at all during 20 minute open track sessions. Cost effective too.

'88 Fox Coupe
Coyote Swapped
Custom Maximum Motorsports Maximum Grip Box on 18x10's
pro_tour_fox_coupe on Instagram
post #5 of 6 Old 09-18-2018, 01:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
You might try the Power Stop Track Day pads. They're inexpensive and I've found them to work quite well on my CTS-V. I'm not shy on the brakes and haven't had any issues. (I ran the Raybestos STs before the Power Stops, and Hawk DTC70s/60s before the Raybestos.) I can get front and rear pads for my V for quite a bit less than just the Raybestos front pads.

Part numbers would be PST1053 for your fronts (same as what I run in the rear on my Caddy) and PST627A for the rears. About $150 for both sets on Rock Auto; check Amazon, too, as sometimes they're cheaper than RA.

If you decide to go with the Raybestos (which is definitely not a bad choice), be sure to check pricing with randallraceparts.com. That site has been mentioned in this forum before, but it bears repeating - really good pricing on the Raybestos pads.

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
post #6 of 6 Old 09-19-2018, 12:42 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
ST47's are the closest thing to unicorn horns you're ever going to find. Effective cold, effective hot, ridiculously durable, yet rotor friendly. There used to not be such a thing.
ChristophrC and Socaljam like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement