help with MaximumMotorsports Coilovers - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-17-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
help with MaximumMotorsports Coilovers

Hello all, so I have a set of MM front coil overs. They are the MMCO-1 Mustang Coil-over Kit, Front, Bilstein and Yellow MM Struts, 1979-2004. They are for my 88 Fox body. Now I talked with the guys there knowing they didn't come assembled but I'm having a tough time setting them up. I'm stuck on filing down the top lip area if you will. How much did you guys file down? I'm blue collar and cant really afford to mess these up. Any help in the right direction would be great. I talked with them on the phone and they stated just file it enough for the top piece to fit properly. Sorry if I'm not explaining things well. I don't have the coil kit in front of me.

Brandon

Brandon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

U.S ARMY Military Police
88' Ford Mustang GT TFS trackheat,75mm tb, AFM 3.5, 11R comps 190's 56cc, TFS/NX nitrous plate 5150, miller 1.7RR's, 98 cobra wheels, 04 cobra brakes, 5 lug swap, 3.73's, 31 spline axles, cobra diff, MM full suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-18-2018, 05:33 AM

Just take your time filing until the upper spring retainer just fits over that portion of the shaft. Keep checking and rechecking. I don't remember having to take much material off mine at all.

93 GT 5.0L Kenne Bell 2.1 Flowzilla @11psi
93 LX Hatch 2.3L
post #3 of 5 Old 08-18-2018, 01:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Step #25 from the installation instructions:

Slide the Upper Spring Perch over the strut shaft to check for clearance around the shoulder that is at the top of the large-diameter section of the strut shaft. If the Upper Spring Perch does not clear this shoulder, file the shoulder down until the perch will just fit around the shoulder.

Jack Hidley
Maximum Motorsports Tech Support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-18-2018, 01:56 PM

I carefully filed very lightly around the entire shoulder on both sides for our MM coilovers. Didn't have to remove much material at all to get the clearance needed for the upper spring perch.
S.

'17 Viper ACR-E, blue...'16 Charger Hellcat, billet, brass monkeys...'14 Porsche 911 Turbo, blue...'03 Cobra, 5.0, big Whipple...'90 'notch, 363" with turbo...'95 SVT Cobra, road racer...
post #5 of 5 Old 09-17-2018, 06:56 PM

Trader Feedback: (34)
Mine fit without filing. But can't be a lot needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement