My notch and a 96 Cobra with a 1LE Z28 at Chuckwalla
I was supposed to run a Lemons endurance race this weekend, but the team's car, which passed tech the last time it ran the series, failed to keep up with evolving roll cage standards, and we were out. When I got home, I put the track tires on my car, loaded it up, and headed out to Chuckwalla (spanish for Middle of Nowhere, CA). Had a ball running around yesterday with a buddy in his 96 cobra and a former student in his '16 1LE Z/28.
The Cobra has 14-inch front brakes, MM suspension, and some interior removal. 255 RWHP, 3350 lbs with driver, on 275 Nitto NT01's. I'm running 275 RWHP, 3450 lbs, 255 NT01's. The Camaro has a cam, longtubes, and a tune.
- '92 5-sp LX coupe, TKO, 3.55s, pulleys, Al DS, 1-5/8 shorties, Magnaflow spun metallic cats, 2.5 Dynomax VT's, Pro5.0 w/ Steeda Comfort Pro
- GT40Y's, E cam, Cobra intake, tmoss ported lower, FRPP 65mm TB, BBK 75mm MAF, 155 lph pump, FRPP oil cooler, Al rad, 130amp alt, Energy mounts
- Autopower 4-point bar, 5-pt harnesses, MM weld-in subs and STB
- MM K-member/A-arms/Coilovers, 425# springs, MM cc plates, Koni Yellow DA's
- MM adj rear LCA's/torque arm/panhard bar, 500# rear springs, Eibach swaybar, Koni Yellow SA's
- SN95 Cobra brakes, FR500 17x9 wheels, Raybestos ST47 pads
- 3400 lbs with me and 1/2 tank of gas
- Regional autocross champ 99-02, 10,100 miles on 17 tracks