Anyone running Baer 13in rear rotor kit for 94+ cars on a fox? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Anyone running Baer 13in rear rotor kit for 94+ cars on a fox?

I'm wondering if this kit is possible to run on a foxbody ?

It's made for 94 plus cars and uses the stock rear calipers so I'm wondering, since I'm in the process of piecing together parts to do a rear disc brake set up on my car of what I would need besides this kit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 10:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
What problem are you hoping to fix by adding unsprung weight on the end of the car that does little braking? If you use the SEARCH function, you'll find this kit has been discussed before; it uses a solid rotor, which means that in addition to horribly screwing up the front/rear brake bias and adding unnecessary unsprung weight, the rotors are probably a performance downgrade relative to the smaller but vented Cobra rears.

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
post #3 of 8 Old 09-20-2017, 08:38 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
I'd rather do the M-2300-M kit to the rear of an SN95 GT/V6.

That eradispeed kit comes with solid, thin rotors, that are only sourced through Baer. The kit was also discontinued for a while and appears to have returned. Still, i'd prefer the vented 11.65" cobra setup that you can walk into any parts store and get rotors/pads/brackets for.

Mike
--1988 Mustang LX 5.0--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 09-20-2017, 07:55 PM

Striker01, I have used the Baer 13 inch rear disk brake on my 94. I haven't tried it on a fox body. I've had good luck with it.
I just took it off today. I don't know if you could put it on your fox body unless you have a five lug axle.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-20-2017, 11:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
What problem are you hoping to fix by adding unsprung weight on the end of the car that does little braking?
problem? nah, it's all about the looks, yo !
post #6 of 8 Old 09-21-2017, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Yes. All about the looks yo. Smart.

There's no problems at all. I'm merely trying to see what set ups work and don't work as I piece together my five lug stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 8 Old 09-21-2017, 09:55 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkissell View Post
I don't know if you could put it on your fox body unless you have a five lug axle.
The kit is meant to bolt to the axle brackets of a GT/V6 and use the caliper with the narrow abutment that is for the solid type rotors on the Gt/V6.

So basically you'd need to install Sn95 GT/V6 axle brackets on the fox, and then you could add this kit using SN95 calipers.

IIRC, E-brake cable was an issue for this kit since the distance was greater. It's a stretch to get them to fit.

They look nice, but my personal feeling is the vented 11.65" cobra setup is a better performing brake setup than the solid 13.25" rear Baer rotor....especially in a road race/autoX setup where heat over the duration of multiple stops becomes a factor.

FYI I did contemplate this kit as well, but in the end went with the Cobra setup by buying the M-2300-M kit and cobra calipers. I'm running GM PBR's up front.

Mike
--1988 Mustang LX 5.0--
post #8 of 8 Old 09-24-2017, 09:30 AM

Trader Feedback: (34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker01 View Post
There's no problems at all. I'm merely trying to see what set ups work and don't work as I piece together my five lug stuff.
Then take advantage of the pre-existing knowledge and do some research. Start with Stop Tech's white papers on brake bias, manual prop valve, etc. Once you understand the tech behind brake system design, then you should have a better understanding of what works and doesn't. Put those pieces on the car, take it to the track and discover what you need to change, if anything, given the rest of your set-up, driving style and events. Or, do what many guys have done and just copy a Ford-sourced kit designed for your car and call it a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement