Rear Brake Option - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-13-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (23)
Arrow Rear Brake Option

https://www.fullytorquedracing.com/m...e-bracket.html

At the moment, I'm needing new rear calipers on the IRS under my 01 GT. Would it be worth the effort to do something like in the link above? I already have a set of front 13" rotors as spares and I can machine my own brackets. The only cost difference would be the calipers and pads. I also already have SSBC 4 Piston calipers and 13" rotors up front.
Thanks up front.

A guy walked into the second classroom session late, sweating profusly, hair straight up with dirt all over him. He sat down, raised his hand and said: "please explain brake fade to me!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-14-2017, 07:49 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Well I guess it would look cool. How much is that worth?

2003 mach1 with MM R&T box with TA, 2000 R brakes and lots of other bits and pieces here and there.
2012 MT Brembo GT
HPDE Instructor
post #3 of 6 Old 07-16-2017, 03:20 PM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
Lots more weight where you don't need it, plus way more brake bias where you don't need it, yay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-11-2017, 09:37 PM

Trader Feedback: (34)
Just to clarify, the standard prop valve won't correct the F/R torque bias mismatch. Brake torque bias is determined by the size of the caliper pistons and the rotor size. The prop valve only moves the pressure knee-point (point where pressure is reduced to rear brakes) up or down the slope during hard stopping. Otherwise, the pressure to the rear is linear. Has nothing to do with brake torque design.

By putting the same size caliper and rotor on the rear as was designed for the front will more than likely cause rear lock before front lock regardless of how the prop valve is set. Not only will this cause unstable braking, but longer rather than shorter stopping distances.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-12-2017, 08:30 AM

Trader Feedback: (24)
Wow!! Talk about serious front to rear brake bias issues. Terrible idea and completely unnecessary!!

91 Road Racing Fox. N/A 383W. Full MM setup front and rear with Bilstein coil-overs. 14x1.25 Wilwood 6 piston fronts with Wilwood 13x1 single piston rears.
486rwhp/ 430rwtq
post #6 of 6 Old 08-12-2017, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (23)
thanks qtr, great explanation!

A guy walked into the second classroom session late, sweating profusly, hair straight up with dirt all over him. He sat down, raised his hand and said: "please explain brake fade to me!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement