QA1 K with QA1 Arms and steeda X2's vs QA1 K with stock 96-04 arms and steeda X2's? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-15-2017, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (18)
QA1 K with QA1 Arms and steeda X2's vs QA1 K with stock 96-04 arms and steeda X2's?

I have a 96 Saleen S281 with a twin turbo kit and tubular front end suspension. I Want to replace my ball joints. The ball joints have 3 tack welds from QA1. After doing some research ive read some were able to run steeda x2's in the QA1 arms, while others say they cannot work in tubular arms. I've also read that some say the stock control arms wont work with the QA1 K member.

I'm going to sell the QA1 Coilover setup and run bilstein shocks and the MM coilover kit. I want to run the steeda x2's and I don't see any possible interference running stock arms on the qa1 k with the turbo kit. Will i be able to get it aligned and in spec? I wouldn't mind having a more rigid arm up front.

Or should i just buy new QA1 arms with new ball joints? This isn't about cost or labor, i just wanna know if its physically possible.

QA1 K with stock arms

or QA1 K with QA1 Arms with steeda x2 installed.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-16-2017, 09:02 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFeen. View Post
I've also read that some say the stock control arms wont work with the QA1 K member.

I'm going to sell the QA1 Coilover setup and run bilstein shocks and the MM coilover kit. I want to run the steeda x2's and I don't see any possible interference running stock arms on the qa1 k with the turbo kit. Will i be able to get it aligned and in spec? I wouldn't mind having a more rigid arm up front.
According to their website, "For best results, QA1 control arms are strongly recommended," which is not the same as required. They sell just the K-member by itself, so that tells me the stock control arms will work just fine. And their description of the K-member makes it sound like it's pretty close to stock configuration, so alignment shouldn't be an issue at all. So I'd probably go with stock arms.

You could also check with QA1 and see what they say about using other ball joints in their arms.

'89 GT convertible, N/A 357W, MM front susp w/425# coil-overs and Koni D/As, MM TA/PB rear setup (Koni Yellows, 390-430# springs), Stoptech 332mm / 12" Baers, MM 6 point rollbar, Maier 1.5" flared fenders & quarters, 18x9.5" front/18x10.5" rear Enkei RPF-1s (street), 18x10" CCW C-10s (track), etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement