Maximum Motorsports Torque Arm Bushing issue? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-09-2017, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (39)
Maximum Motorsports Torque Arm Bushing issue? SOLVED

I recently noticed a strong thump/thunk in the seat of my pants when I shift gears, even under moderate accels. Happens for all gears and when I goose the throttle in gear. I don't really feel a thump on downshifts (engine braking torque). I put the car in the air and checked all the rear suspension bolt torques, and any other red flags. Then had someone run through the gears while I watched underneath. Best I can tell, the torque arm front bushing has slop, and is causing it to slap upward when new gear gets torque. I can move the arm near the front bushing and feel a light clunk with moderate force by hand.

Anyone else have this issue? Are replacement bushings available (didn't see them on MM website)? Other solutions?

Thanks,
Frank

edit: I just realized that is the one bolt I have not checked torque on, maybe the bushing bolt needs to be retorqued?

Fast Frank Motorsports LLC
High performance solutions
http://fastfrankmotorsports.com
https://www.facebook.com/fastfrankmotorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-11-2017, 04:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (34)
For torque/install guidance, check the on-line install instructions. MM sells most replacement parts for their products. Generally you have to call them for the specific part.

post #3 of 4 Old 03-16-2017, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtrracer View Post
For torque/install guidance, check the on-line install instructions. MM sells most replacement parts for their products. Generally you have to call them for the specific part.
Called direct and replacement is on the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-18-2017, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

New bushings next to old ones. Old ones had 6,000-8,000 track miles, lubed every 3-4 events. They had lost their taper completely, and were obviously seeing axial friction. Looks like they need to be lubed after every event to keep them healthy ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0318171036a.jpg (79.7 KB, 42 views)

Fast Frank Motorsports LLC
High performance solutions
http://fastfrankmotorsports.com
https://www.facebook.com/fastfrankmotorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement