Solid Front control Arm Bushings - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-01-2016, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (23)
Arrow Solid Front control Arm Bushings

I'm about to rebuild the front control arms on a 96 GT that I bought recently and wondering what you guys think about the Golden West Aluminum/Derlin bushings?
Car is strictly a toy and will receive an IRS that has already been gone through with Full Tilt Boogie derlin bushings, poly cradle bushings, toe links, etc., Cobra brakes, Bilstein struts/shocks, H&R Race springs, flsfc's, plus a few odds and ends. As of right now, its bone stock down to the filter(except wheels).
Heres the bushings:

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread...l-arm-bushings

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00T0T_9AVKKKNZXOV_1200x900.jpg (149.4 KB, 9 views)

A guy walked into the second classroom session late, sweating profusly, hair straight up with dirt all over him. He sat down, raised his hand and said: "please explain brake fade to me!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-02-2016, 11:46 AM

Trader Feedback: (10)
GW bushings are great. Years ago I had a new set of LCA's drop shipped directly to GW and they installed the bushings for me. Zero problems with them ever since and will likely outlast the car.

1989 Mustang GT
post #3 of 6 Old 12-02-2016, 12:14 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
My old GT had GW solid front control arm bushings and the performance on the track was great, but on the street, the ride was brutally harsh and it seemed like if the car ran over a dime then you felt it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-02-2016, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the replies, yall confirmed my thought about the rough ride. But i'm glad to hear about their quality! I'm going ahead with pulling the trigger on these!

A guy walked into the second classroom session late, sweating profusly, hair straight up with dirt all over him. He sat down, raised his hand and said: "please explain brake fade to me!"
post #5 of 6 Old 12-03-2016, 08:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
When properly installed, the GW bushings in the FCAs will not really degrade the ride quality that much. They must be installed perfectly to do this. If there is any misalignment of the bushings, in the FCAs, there will be added friction. This will make the car ride worse. Installing the bushings correctly is not easy. It requires a hydraulic press near the car, lots of time and patience. The bushings do result in a lot more harshness due to the removal of the rubber compliance. This makes the ride noisier more than anything.

Jack Hidley
Maximum Motorsports Tech Support
post #6 of 6 Old 12-04-2016, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Jack, glad to see your opinion on the matter. We do have access to a press (great benefit of having parents/grandparent that farm with lots of heavy tools,) and was planning to utilizing it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement