2Likes
  • 1 Post By tulowd
  • 1 Post By MFE

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2016, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (161)
fox brake cooling

hi guys

do any of you have pics of how you attached the hoses at the nose?
(ideally lx nose)

'90 notch w/an "old school" cartech outlaw kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When The Results Disagree With The Theory: Believe The Results And Invent A New Theory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2016, 11:52 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
You could fab up an air dam like in the link or use the ranger air dam.

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...9&postcount=33

Old 11-17-2016, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

thanks man. already running the ranger air dam so that should be relatively easy to do. not sure why i was thinking of grabbing the air from the nose instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When The Results Disagree With The Theory: Believe The Results And Invent A New Theory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2016, 04:27 PM

I'm doing the same thing. I picked up some ducts from pagasus racing and cut the tabs off the top and bottom of the duct opening so they would fit within the height of the air dam.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

which ones did you buy?

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/ke...=brake+cooling

Old 11-18-2016, 11:41 AM

After remembering correctly, I bought these off Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Allstar-ALL42...ake+duct+inlet

Pegasus part no. 3624 is similar, though.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:08 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Another Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkstang View Post
hi guys

do any of you have pics of how you attached the hoses at the nose?
(ideally lx nose)
Another option is just to buy a hole saw to match your duct hose with a super long pilot drill and fab your own ducts in the lower nose. I built mine this way. Used size matched plastic work out water bottles cut to blend with the body line. Added a little mesh inside to keep out track debris. Painted black. Wasn't difficult. Just too a little courage to cut up a perfectly fine bumper cover. Below link to album with pictures - maybe not best close up but you can see the twin duct holes in them. This left me with easier removal the ranger air dam for loading on the trailer.

https://forums.corral.net/forums/memb...-pre-aero.html

RR '92 Calypso Green LX Coupe: Griggs GR40, 331

Last edited by wlmrt66; 01-04-2017 at 12:59 AM. Reason: added detail picture links
Old 12-31-2016, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

cool although can you share some pics?

Old 01-02-2017, 01:52 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
Brake cooling ducts was one of the reasons I went with a Cervini Stalker nose on my 87 GT.

We spin metal at work, so I had the boys make up a pair of cones with the small dia matched to my 2.5" silicone hose (bought a Ford Racing kit for the '12 CS front fascia) and the other end to slide over the foglight fascia frame. Also modded the 14" duct inlet/brake disc heat shield to fit my SN95 spindles and clear the Cobra (now Brembo) calipers.

Make sure to blow the air into the center of the disc and hub, that will increase the lifespan of your bearings and discs.

Hope this helps
macuser27 likes this.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (34)
I used the Ranger air dam and some rectangular brake ducts and 3" hose to the spindle mounts. Only have a front on pic; this is on an 86 GT Vert.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:24 AM
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)
I've been through several iterations of using those long-taper $4.99 black plastic funnels, squared up in front and trimmed to fit a 2.5 inch hose.

When I went to a Ranger airdam, I cut holes and adapted the same scoops.

Crappy picture from the back side, drivers side of car

Now I have a Mach 1 chin spoiler, cut to fit another set of DIY scoops: https://forums.corral.net/forums/gene...r-foxbody.html

The driving lights have since been removed so you can all STFU about them now

They all seemed to work. The old plastic scoop version was worth 100 degrees of rotor temp difference compared to the rotor that wasn't running a duct after it had been damaged and then removed. I don't have data on the new setup, and I've also since switched to Raybestos ST-47 pads. I've never experienced significant fade with that combo.

At the rotor end, I've used plain high-temp hose reshaped and pinched down to blow into the center of the hat:

And backing plates like these,

Which I later modified to direct the air into the hat:

None of that backing plate #### worked, and I've since ditched them.

Now, I've even cut the hose back so that it's a few inches away from the rotor, more like air deflectors I've seen on more and more factory applications. Between that, running Bosch rotors, and the ST-47 pads, I'm cracking rotors WAY less than before
MB88LX sleeper likes this.

- '92 5-sp LX coupe, TKO, 3.55s, pulleys, Al DS, 1-5/8 shorties, Magnaflow spun metallic cats, 2.5 Dynomax VT's, Pro5.0 w/ Steeda Comfort Pro
- GT40Y's, E cam, Cobra intake, tmoss ported lower, FRPP 65mm TB, BBK 75mm MAF, 155 lph pump, FRPP oil cooler, Al rad, 130amp alt, Energy mounts
- Autopower 4-point bar, 5-pt harnesses, MM weld-in subs and STB
- MM K-member/A-arms/Coilovers, 425# springs, MM cc plates, Koni Yellow DA's
- MM adj rear LCA's/torque arm/panhard bar, 500# rear springs, Eibach swaybar, Koni Yellow SA's
- SN95 Cobra brakes, FR500 17x9 wheels, Raybestos ST47 pads
- 3400 lbs with me and 1/2 tank of gas
- Regional autocross champ 99-02, 10,100 miles on 17 tracks

Last edited by MFE; 01-03-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement